0.3 A Family Collective

Sabé liked her life in politics, her battles were fought with words and policies rather than with a blaster. Though, there were days she wished she could stand beside the man she loved on the battlefield if only to relieve some of his burdens. And perhaps, to keep an eye on him for some piece of mind. The war had certainly stirred up issues all over the galaxy, and though she yearned to have him close, Sabé knew Obi-Wan could not stay behind on Coruscant just as she could not leave her own sphere as a representative of her home planet. And with the war came new security measures across all planets, meaning Sabé could not busy herself with frivolous meetings and instead had her anxiety brought forth since Typho made it a point to inform the sisters about any skirmishes and active battles that may have an effect on the Naboo System.

And so Sabé found herself trailing after her sister into the Chancellor's office following concerning news they had received. Her long blue dress trailed on the soft carpeted floor as she entered the chambers. Sadly, she found herself unsurprised to find Grand Master Yoda of the Jedi making his way out of the office. Ever since the war had begun, the presence of Jedi within the Senate was becoming stronger where it had once been a rarity. Still, Sabé bowed her head slightly in greeting.

"Greetings, Senator Amidala, Representative Nabierre," He acknowledged the two with a kind smile.

"Master Yoda. So good to see you," Padmé replied formally, bowing.

"Good, it is, to see you, Senator," He nodded to the sisters, "All is well, I hope, Representative."

"Yes, Master Yoda," Sabé responded, stepping up to stand beside her sister, "I hope we aren't intruding."

"Not at all," Chancellor Palpatine stated, motioning for the women to approach, "I received your message. We were to discuss..."

"The new security measures you put into effect on Naboo," Sabé reminded him, clasping her hands in front of her.

Despite the proverbial wall that separated their ranks within the Senate, Sabé had always had a good rapport with the Chancellor from when he had been the Senator for Naboo over a decade earlier. In fact, it had been Palpatine who had insisted that Sabé follow her sister into the Senate following the end of her term as Queen. Since then, he had been a good teacher and had looked out for both Sabé and Padmé as their policies became more outspoken.

"My security chief tells me there are several new battles in the Outer Rim?" Padmé questioned.

New battles, though they were to be expected, wouldn't bode well for their new anti-war propositions nor their continuing crusade to limit the Banking Clan's increasing pressure to deregulate the banks to fund the war. Truthfully, Sabé was hoping that these battles were too small to be concerned over and that they really were small skirmishes. Still, with so many unknown variables, it was important they receive the best information possible in order to not get run over in the Chambers.

"Including a small skirmish with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin," Palpatine revealed, causing Sabé to tense.

"Anakin?" Padmé didn't seem outwardly concerned, but Sabé could tell by the stiffness in her posture that she was far more worried than she was letting on," Are they in danger?"

"I'm afraid the Jedi's efforts to strike a secret treaty with the Hutts...have gone terribly wrong," Palpatine sighed, walking back to his desk and motioning for the women to take a seat, "Jabba believes Anakin has abducted his infant son."

"A Jedi would never do such a thing!" Sabé insisted, "Even one as impulsive as Knight Skywalker. Do they have evidence to support such claims?"

"The word of Count Dooku, I'm afraid," Palpatine informed them, folding his hands on his desk, "Though I fear something far sinister is afoot."