Caring {Shinazugawa Sanemi}

"(Y/n)-chan!" Kanroji shouted gleefully as she waved her hands in the air, running towards the said female.

"Mitsuri-!" she shouted, pausing and widening her eyes to see the girls new demon slaying uniform. Mitsuri's chest was exposed, and everything was bouncing everywhere. "Mitsuri! Is-is that your uniform..?"

"Maeda made it for me! It's cute right?!" she chirped, clasping her hands together and spinning around once she reached (Y/n).

Her mouth was agape as she was told this. Wouldn't she be at least slightly uncomfortable in this? She knew that she personally would.

"I offered to lend her my matches," Shinobu added as she walked up to the two girls, her arms crossed over her covered chest as she glared at the pink-haired girl's uniform.

"Matches?" (Y/n) asked.

"To burn it."

She pursed her lips as she looked at Mitsuri's uniform again, the girls smile faded as she did so. "B-but I thought it was cute..!" she forced another smile. "And she said it was official!"

(Y/n) thought for a moment, and Mitsuri began to break down.

"(Y/n) what do I do?!" Tears sprang in her eyes as she took a hold of (Y/n)'s hands. "Rengoku-san said it was too showy, and now I'm afraid to wear it! What will everyone else think? But I don't want to be rude to Maeda!"

Shinobu watched the two with pity in her eyes. Maeda had already tried to make her wear the same uniform, but she had burned it in front of her eyes as she begged for her forgiveness.

(Y/n) came to her final conclusion, and wrapped her hands around Mitsuri's. "You know.. it's not that bad. Why don't I wear it with you?"

Mitsuri's face lit up with joy and she jumped up and down as she thanked her. "Really?! You'd do that for me (Y/n)?!"

She shook her head with a small smile as Shinobu dropped her jaw.

"Thank you thank you!" she chimed, shaking the girl's hands as she jumped.

Shinobu groaned as she walked away, shaking her head in disbelief. Rengoku passed her and waved, but she stormed off before he could greet her.

"Mitsuri! Ready to go eat?" he asked enthusiastically as he joined the two girls.

"Of course!" she said, hugging (Y/n) before she stood at her trainers side.

"(Y/n)! Would you care to join us?" he asked as he patted Mitsuri on her head.

"I would, but I'm still waiting on my uniform."

"Right! See you later then!" he said, turning his back to her as Mitsuri followed him.

(Y/n) waved at them and walked into the building that the kakushi stored the uniforms in.

"Hello? Anyone here?" she asked, peeking her head around the open door.

"In here!" a voice yelled down the hallway.

She stepped inside and found the speaker, a small woman with a kakushi uniform and circular glasses. "Ready for your uniform?"

༺ ♡ ༻

(Y/n) looked at herself from every angle in the mirror, making sure the skimpy uniform wouldn't show off any unwanted areas. She made a few drastic movements and found that the uniform covered everything quite well. The weight in the skirt kept it down, but far enough up so that it connected to the shirt. After spinning around a few more times, she sighed and walked out of the dressing room. The same kakushi was waiting for her on a small bench and she clasped her hands together with a satisfied gasp when (Y/n) walked out. The top of her cheeks showed a pink blush and (Y/n) covered her chest with some of her hair.

"It's perfect!" the kakushi said, standing up from her seat to open the exit door for (Y/n). "How does it feel?"

"Heavy, but it's.. nice." Her hesitation in her words didn't faze the kakushi, for she just smiled and allowed for (Y/n) to leave.

Stepping out into the sun, (Y/n) pulled the fabric closer together and walked away from the building. The wind blew past her legs, sending a shiver up her whole body. Hiding herself couldn't be the only option, and she had already told her friend that she would wear the same uniform as her, so getting comfortable in the uniform was all she could think to do.

After releasing her uniform and making herself relax, she spotted the back of her best friend. The white-haired hashira was walking down a path, so (Y/n) decided to run up to him.

"Sanemi!" she shouted, running up to him now and jumping onto his back.

When the two of them were younger, she would often jump onto his back instead of saying hello to him. It still surprises him when she does this, but he loved how she always treated him kindly.

He stumbled forward and caught himself, groaning a little bit when her weight settled on his back. She jumped off of him and landed on the ground, he turned to face her. She smiled at him, but all he returned was a blushing face with a hint of disgust.

"W-what are you wearing woman?!" he stuttered, staring down at her new uniform.

"It's my uniform," she plainly said, looking down at herself again.

"Do you know how many people could take advantage of you in that?!" He gritted his teeth and grabbed her uniform, pulling the top together as he slipped some of his fingers inside the opening.

(Y/n) stared up at him with a red face and glassy eyes. Her heart was beating fast and her eyes were starting to water.

Sanemi felt her skin graze his knuckles and he retracted his hands quickly, letting the clothing open back up. He folded his arms around his own chest and closed his eyes with a red face. "Sorry. I just- think you should wear something over that at the... very least."

The girl stood still, tears starting to slip out of her eyes. Sanemi kept his eyes shut until he felt her arms around his torso.

(Y/n) buried her eyes in his arms and held onto his haori as she cried. "Thank you for caring about me, Sanemi."

He looked down at her and softened his expression. Slipping his hands out of her hold, he rested one hand on her shoulder, and his other found its way to her hair. He sighs and runs his fingers through the strands. "Who gave you that uniform?"

"Maeda," she responded with a sniffle.

Sanemi furrowed his brows. I'll kill that pervert.