Assistant {Tomioka Giyuu}

requested by @Alli_Ackerman06 ! Hope you enjoy <3

cold hearted/shy reader

fluff

——

(Y/n's) daily routine as a doctor in the butterfly mansion consisted of the same chores each day. Laundry, cleaning, cooking, and checking in on the patents that had been injured during fights. Usually keeping herself bottled up, she wouldn't interact with the patients and ask about their lives. But everyone knows how Kamado Tanjirou is, always cheerful and asking about everyone and their lives. He tries his best to open up (Y/n), however it doesn't always seem to work.

Today, a new patient had arrived in the infirmary. Kocho hadn't given her assistant a name of the demon slayer, but (Y/n) didn't really want one anyways. Packing up her tray of tea, clothes, and bandages, she headed to the newly occupied room.

Up ahead, she heard the sound of Tanjirou's voice inside his room. He was laughing with someone, probably his boar headed friend or the blond boy. (Y/n) kept walking, keeping her eyes on the try so she wouldn't drop it.

The floor creaked and footsteps approached from inside the shared room. "(Y/n)-san!" The girl looked into the doorway, stopping in her tracks as the boy ran over to meet her.

"....Hello," she said, almost whispering.

"Where are you off to?"

"...A new patient needs to be checked on."

"Cool!" he chirped at her. "You should try asking their name, okay?"

Tanjiro always tried to help her open up. She'd been shy around most people, even Lady Kocho. Tanjirou always liked to give (Y/n) advice when taking to people.

"I'll... I'll try," she said, turning her head forward and continuing to the room.

"See you!" Tanjirou waved to her with a smile, but she didn't look back.

119... room 119 she thought, scanning the door numbers as she walked down the hallway. 118.. 119..! She stopped suddenly, making her tray wobble as she stood in front of the door. She slipped her left arm under the tray to support the weight as she used her other hand to slide the door open, revealing a small room containing a bed, a table, a chair, and a beaten down demon slayer.

The assistant stepped into the room and closed the door behind her, making her way over to the table to set the tray down. She quickly organized everything, and the demon slayer looked over his shoulder with tired eyes as he was removing his haori. He looked at the way her hair was loosely pulled back into a bun, and then at what she had brought on the tray.

Once she has finished, (Y/n) picked up a small bottle of cream that was on the table already and brought it over to the bedside chair. "..Hey, I need to check your wounds so can you please remove any.. necessary clothing?" Her face turned pink just by saying that.

The demon slayer complied and began to unbutton his shirt, then removing it to reveal small blood stains all over his back. (Y/n) cringed, just imagining how much pain he must be in. His body moved very slowly when he placed his uniform down next to him, and even slower when he turned to his side so he could see the doctor. Her eyes flickered quickly to his face, and she realized that he was quite attractive. His long hair, perfect skin, and deep blue eyes all fit together perfectly.

"Where do you need me to sit?" he asked, snapping her attention away from his features.

"Just there is fine," she said, standing up and walking to the other side of the bed.

His chest had the same scrapes as his back, and so did his stomach. Blood never made her dizzy, and she'd seen so much worse than this. He turned his back to the door again, facing where the doctor was now standing and relaxing himself onto the bed. He rested his arms behind him for support as (Y/n) leans forward to patch up the blood.