Wedding Date [M]

Roseanne's POV

I smiled at the envelope that I got in the mail today as it showed my sister's handwriting on it with my name and a small heart. I knew what it was, but I still got teary eyed reading her actual wedding invitation. It was going to be in three weeks and I couldn't wait to see my sister get married to her fiancé. He was a really great man and he takes really good care of her, so I'm happy she's marrying him.

One thing though that bums me out is that I can't be one of her bridesmaids because I can't fly out to Australia until a few days before because of our schedule here. I'm not taking it personally, but I know she needs everyone who's going to be in the wedding at the rehearsal/fittings and I can't make it. Plus if I was a bridesmaid and she allowed me to skip the rehearsal because she loves me, I'd fuck up during the wedding somehow probably and mess it all up.

My eyes dropped down to the small writing that said I could bring a plus 1, but I had no fucking idea who I should bring. I know the rest of the girls also got invitations, so I can't just drag them along. Sure my other friends know my sister, but I can't leave them alone at the wedding because they won't know anyone else.

"Just like go on Instagram and search up some of your old friends from back in Australia that you and Alice were close with. I'm sure there's people that you would like to catch up with." Jennie suggested as I had gone over to her apartment to tell them my dilemma. I pulled my phone out to do just that.

"Yeah, it can be like a reunion typa thing!" Lisa chimed in as I thought of some people from my childhood and early teens.

There were a few of my friends back then that my whole family was close with. There was Vanessa, Eva, Sydney, y/n, and Jess. All of them knew even some of my extended family because they were at a bunch of my birthday parties.

So I started my hunt to find a wedding date.

I first started with Jess since I'm guessing she will be the one that won't be available. I searched for her Instagram and found it. I saw that she was married and she had a newborn baby girl, so she was out because I know she'll want to spend as much time with her kid as she can. Next up was Eva and she was always super fun to be around. I smiled and saw that she was doing good, except my smile was washed away when I saw that she had recently moved to the states, so that was also a no go.

"God damn it, why do my childhood friends have to have lives!" I complained as I laid back on Jennie's couch, continuing my search.

"Then search for one you think doesn't have a life." Jisoo said as Jennie slapped her shoulder,

"Sooya, that's mean! What she's trying to say is think of a friend that liked to be lowkey about things. God, you need to word stuff better." Jennie grumbled to her girlfriend as I thought about who was lowkey and chill. Then it hit me.

Y/n was always the type of person to stay in the background most of the time and go with the flow. She totally could still be living in Australia as well because she always talked about how she loved the weather when we were younger.

I searched up her name, but I couldn't find a profile. I sighed and did some more digging around as I tried to find her page. I went to see who Alice was following and surprisingly she was following y/n. That may mean that she might've already gotten an invite, but I'm going to take my chances with this one.

I clicked on her profile and it was what I would've expected it to be. Y/n always loved the water, so there were multiple pictures of her on the beach with a few friends and then some pictures of her in a wetsuit with a surfboard. I wouldn't have guessed she surfed, but I guess she does. She honestly didn't change much from the last time I saw her almost 10 years ago, but she's the more mature looking version of her 15 year old self.