Chapter 14: Apprehending the Chairman and the Bounty Hunter's Return

Mulai dari awal

Too my surprise, it was the Bounty Hunter from earlier! I thought I'd chopped him up, severing his torso and an arm! Yet here he was with no damage whatsoever!

Fordo and the Clones all opened fire on the Bounty Hunter, his jetpack short-circuited and exploded causing him to drop to the ground. The Clones continued firing on him though, causing smoke and dust to fly into the air. One Clone stepped forward firing a rocket that hit him point-blank causing another explosion!

As the smoke covered the body, I kept on my guard. Even as Fordo stated "Control room secure General." I replied "One can never be too sure. Captain." As the Troopers stepped closer, I was proven right when a giant grotesque limb shot out of the smoke and began striking at them, knocking several of the Troopers out!

The smoke cleared to reveal the Bounty Hunter still very much alive. Not unharmed mind-you. While his helmet and chunks of his armour remained intact, the majority of his body had become an amorphous mass of twitching and straining nerves, trying to reform.

Image of Durge regenerating:

I'll admit, I was caught off guard as the Bounty Hunter's twitching body emerged from the crater

I'll admit, I was caught off guard as the Bounty Hunter's twitching body emerged from the crater. It lanced one of its arms towards me, taking the form of a mass of tendrils. I side-stepped the blow though and cut right through it.

I leapt back onto the table with the Bounty Hunter close behind, it leapt after me and began flailing at me with its arms. I dodged a few attacks before dashing to the side as its fists collided with the holo-table, destroying it. 

They slowly began to approach once more when several grapple lines were shot into its body! More troopers dropped from above, shooting rapidly as they descended. This didn't do any good though, the Bounty Hunter pulled its body together, causing the lines to snap, the clones all fell in the process.

What happened next wasn't what I expected in the slightest.

His attention turned back to me and it rushed forward. Before I could escape, it lunged forward and wrapped its body around me. I found myself being consumed under the mass of pulsing nerves. I even dropped my saber in the process! That ruled out that option of escape. But there was another. 

 His body was uneven, I even felt an electrical pulse run through it as Fordo attempted to stun him. This left me with an opportunity. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and extended my hands out either side of me. The Force was channelled outwards.

It was against the Jedi Code to kill. But what choice did I have? I didn't know how durable this creature was. I continued to channel the Force, the fleshy walls around me began pushing outwards further and further until finally, the pressure became too much and the Bounty Hunter's body burst completely!

I just stood for a moment, catching my breath as Fordo approached "General, are you alright?" He asked. I replied "I'm fine." I looked around at my surroundings, purple goo was littering the place. I joked "Seems I've made quite the mess now, haven't I?"

With that Bounty Hunter out of the way, I turned my attention back to the snivelling coward that was San Hill. Approaching I stood and stared down at him as I rhetorically asked. "Now, where were we?"

As he looked up at me, I smirked and finished "Ah yes, I believe you were surrendering." That caused Hill to just face-plant the ground in defeat. Giving me the answer I was after. Or one of them. Next I asked "Tell me though, why was Y/N L/N here? Where will he go now?"

Hill replied "We have a deal between us. I don't know where he'll go, possibly to another Banking Clan branch to ensure they don't cease that deal!" It wasn't a good reply, but it was clearly the best I was going to get.

That's when I noticed the helmet of that Bounty Hunter on the floor. I picked it up and stared at it in confusion. I'd heard of a warrior called 'Durge' a ruthless Bounty Hunter who was considered invincible, this one fit that description. Now though, it seemed he'd been dealt with. Or so I thought at this time.

I looked up to the hole in the ceiling. I'd been fortunate I'd not encountered Durge and Y/N at the same time, otherwise this definitely would have gone differently. 

Where had Y/N gone anyway?

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. If my current idea is right, we only have one or two chapters left of this arc. It's a short one, because the 2003 Clone Wars was much shorter, the next arc will be one of my own design and will be equally short but then we're on to the Malevolence plot-line. This is also the last we'll see of San Hill in this BOOK. Not the trilogy, though, he'll definitely be in the third book and maybe the second, I'm still planning those out. We'll get more of the Banking Clan later in this book though. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.