16. Can't Look into His Eyes Yet

Start from the beginning

"But..." Carla trailed off and looked down.

Mikasa put her hand on Carla's shoulders. "Don't worry, Aunty. I promise I'll keep Eren safe this time."

Carla let out a sigh and nodded. "Alright. I know I can rely on you, Mikasa." She smiled. "Afterall, you care about Eren more than me."

"Huh?" Mikasa said, confused.

"Don't lie to me, Mikasa." Carla said, smiling. "You love Eren. Don't you?"

Mikasa blushed and looked down. "Wh-what are you talking about...?"

Carla giggled. "I know you love him, Mikasa." She smiled. "Just admit it."

"Ye-Yeah... I do..." Mikasa said, blushing.

"I knew it." Carla said, smiling. "Eren is lucky to have you by his side." Then she held out the bag. "Here. I've brought breakfast for you, Armin and for Eren too..."

Mikasa smiled and took the bag. "Thank you, Aunty."

Carla smiled. "Well, you can call me Mom too."

Mikasa blushed and looked away. "Ok... Mom..."

Carla giggled. "Ok Mikasa. I should be leaving now. Take care of Eren."

"I'll... Mom." Mikasa said with a smile. "Don't worry."

Carla smiled and left.
.

Mikasa let out a sigh. 'Mom...? If everything turns out fine then may be I could marry Eren in the future...' She turned around and walked towards the mess hall. 'But before anything, the Curse of Ymir might kill Eren...' Her expression saddened. 'But... If it's a second chance then Ymir might not take Eren from me this time.' Her expression changed to hopeful. 'That's right. Ymir won't do that this time.'

With other thoughts, she entered the mess hall, holding the bag.

Just then, an MP official came. "Mikasa Ackerman! Armin Arlert! Are you two here?"

Mikasa turned to him. "Yes, sir!"

"You have been ordered to appear at the trial this afternoon as witnesses!" The official said and left.
.

Mikasa approached Armin and sat down beside him.

Armin let out a sigh. "This is not good. This court trial might not go on Eren's favour."

"We'll see." Mikasa said and took out the tupperwares from the bag. Then she placed two before Amrin. "Here. Aunt Carla made this for us." She let out a sigh. "Since I can't give this to Eren, you have to eat his share too."

Armin nodded and looked at Mikasa. "Did you tell her about Eren?"

Mikasa took a bite out of her tupperware. "Yeah. I can't just not tell her anything about Eren."

Armin nodded, opened his tupperware lid and took a bite. He smiled. "Eren must have missed this food."

"Yeah..." Mikasa said.
.
.

Two MP soldiers were guarding Eren's cell. Eren just sat there, deep in thoughts.

'All these people probably think of me as a monster... I can't say I blame them...' Eren sighed. Then he remembered something. 'Wait a minute!' His thoughts flashed to his best friends who were refusing to leave him. 'Those two weren't scared of me at all. What are they doing now?... What happened to everybody else?'

Then Erwin stopped before his cell. "Be patient for a little longer. We'll try to sort things out."

Eren just nodded in reply. 'How many days have passed since then? What's going on outside?" He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. 'I need to calm down...'