Unpredictable

Gauri looked at her husband with a raised eyebrow before looking back at her phone, then looking at him again for a nanosecond then she decided to focus her entire attention on social media. Om looked at his wife on her phone and no longer acknowledged his existence. She was definitely still upset over last night. To be fair, she had every right to be and Om was trying to figure out how he could make her happy.

Gauri kept her phone to one side on the sofa, and picked up one of the magazines that Om kept on the coffee table. She flicked through the page of the Vogue magazine and was still ignoring Om's existence. Om finally had enough of the silent treatment and decided to go up to her.

He got up from his armchair and came up to Gauri, who knew he was right in front of her but she didn't want to acknowledge him.

Om: Gauri?

She didn't respond.

Om: Gauri, can we talk?

Again, Gauri did not respond. She flicked through another page of her magazine. Om sighed and took the magazine out of her hands. He only brought the magazines for her to look through when she was bored - not for her to look through as a way of ignoring him.

Gauri: what do you want now? You men are all really needy, just like a small little baby. At least, a baby grows up, eventually matures and learns to handle their needs themselves, but men....men never learn and constantly demand attention! Now what do you want?

Om: omg she speaks. I thought that you took a vow of silence after last night.

Gauri: Omkara, get straight to the point. I haven't got all day.

Om: really? What do you plan to do with the rest of your day? Sit here, ignore me and look through magazines and social media?

Technically that's what she had planned to do all day - put on a movie whilst she was at it. However, she was not going to give Om the pleasure that he knew her quite well. No, not in a million years would she ever give him that pleasure like she did when she was 18. She was 22 now and she had learnt that it annoyed men when they realise women are not predictable.

Gauri: I was planning to go shopping in an hour's time, but I'm in a mood to go now so I am going. Bye.

She got up and was about to leave the living room, when Om grabbed her arm and pulled her close till her back hit his chest.

Gauri: now what do you want mera chotu sa baby? Should I buy you some new baby toys or clothes or should I spoon-feed you your lunch by saying 'here comes the aeroplane'?

She asked in a tone that was meant for babies. She only spoke in that tone to annoy Om as earlier she did say that men were needy like babies.

Om: you know Gauri, today you seem to be talking a lot about babies. Are you trying to hint something?

He whispered into her ear, Gauri felt the butterflies fighting to break free from their cage but she was not going to fall weak to her knees.

Gauri: not with you. Now let me go if you don't need anything.

She said, trying to break free from Om's grip but his grip was quite strong. Of course it would be...that's what she gets for being married to the oldest son of a mafia leader. Well she was married against her will and so was Om. She was the daughter of a mafia leader as well, however her dad never taught her or her sisters self defence so she couldn't break herself free from Om's grip.

Note to self - sign up for self defence lessons.

Om: fine, but if you are going shopping, I have something to give you.