Part 6 - What is this feeling?

Comenzar desde el principio

"Lismore. Let me think." I bounced my pointer finger on my chin thinking.

"Told you."

"I didn't say I didn't know. Lismore is in the southern part of the country in the county of Waterford."

"Incredible. How did you know?"

"I've been there. Well, drove through with my parents."

"I see. My parents still live there."

"I'm assuming you grew up there?" I asked as Collin turned into the parking lot of the restaurant.

"Indeed. I moved here for college, really liked it, and just stayed."

"That's great. Why fashion?"

"What?"

"Why did you get into fashion?"

"That's a funny story," he said, turning the car off.

He got out of the car and walked to mine. I grabbed his hand and stood up, tripping into his arms.

"Sorry."

He smiled down at me. "So, how I got into fashion. Sophia is actually Aunt Sophia."

"Oh. Ohhhhh.  I get it."

"It wasn't an aunt nephew thing though. I went to university. Graduated. And was looking for a job to help with the Visa until I could get my citizinship."

"Okay."

"Well, I went through all of that. Started at the bottom of the ranks in the mailroom and worked my way up."

"She had you work in the mailroom?"

"Aunt Sophia doesn't believe in handouts."

"Wow. I guess not."

"I also don't call her Aunt Sophia unless we're at family functions."

"That is incredible," I said.

He laughed lightly and held the door open for me. The restaurant was small and cozy. The lights were down low and soft music drifted from the speakers mounted to the walls.

A tall brunette wearing all black smiled at us. "Hi. Welcome to Savoy."

"Hi. Reservations for O'Grady at 7."

"Wonderful, Mr. O'Grady. Please, right this way."

He reached down and grabbed my hand as we walked. My eyes widened and I glanced down. 

"And here's the table. Please, enjoy your meal."

Collin let go of my hand and pulled the chair out. "Please, have a seat."

"Thank you. Such a gentleman."

"I have manners sometimes," he said quietly with a wicked smile playing at his lips.

My heart sped up a bit at the absurdity of it all. 

Ella. Stop. It's Collin. Collin! No.

"Have you ever been here before?" he asked.

"Yeah. A few times. The food is great."

He nodded his head. "Do you want a bottle of their house wine?"

"Um, yeah. That sounds really great."

"It's honestly some of my favorite," he said, glancing at me over the menu.

"Any brothers or sisters?" I asked.

"Yes. Two brothers and three sisters."

"Are they still in Ireland?" 

"Yeah. They are part of the 5 people who live in Lismore." He laughed lightly.

I smiled and looked back at the menu.

We spent the rest of the night eating, drinking bottle after bottle of wine and talking. I never thought I'd see Collin in such a way before.

He handed his credit card to the waitress and fumbled around in his wallet.

"Mr. O'Grady, I think you've had quite a bit to drink."

"Miss Barlow, I believe you are right." He flashed a a crooked smile as his eyes closed.

"You cannot drive home, Collin."

"No. I probably shouldn't. I live so far away. Are there hotels nearby?"

"Hotels?" I asked.

"Yeah. I can't drive home intoxicated," his slurred words heavy with his Irish accent. 

"I have like ten bedrooms, Collin. Stay at my place."

"Miss Barlow," he slurred, "that is inapporpriate."

"Staying in one of my extra rooms? There is nothing inappropriate about being responsible."

"I s'pose so."

I smiled and pulled out my phone, turning it on and swipping through to my Uber app. 

My phone blew up. TInder message after Tinder message.

What the hell?

I ordered our Uber and glanced through the messages.

'How's dinner?'

'Are you still out?'

'What's going on?'

'I don't understand why you're being like this.'

'Listen, you don't fucking ignore me.'

'Answer me.'

'What the fuck, Ella.'

'This is ridiculous.'

'That restaurant looks awful nice.'

'You're into red heads huh?'

I could feel my face flush and any bit of intoxication was gone.

"We have to go," I whispered.

"Huh?" 

"Collin, we need to go."

"Why? What's up?"

I handed him my phone and watched as his face quickly became serious and he stood up. "How long till the Uber is here?"

"Um, the app said like five minutees."

"Let's go. We're waiting inside. I'll speak with the manager quickly."

I nodded and headed toward the door. I stood back, more towards the waitress podium and waited for Collin. A blue SUV pulled up to the front. 

Is that the Uber?

I glanced down at my phone and say the app notification. 

"Collin, our rides here."

He hurried over to me and grasped my hand. "Let's go."

I nodded and followed close to his body to the vehicle.

"Ella!" a deep voice called from the darkness.

"Get in." Collin more or less pushed me in and jumped in right after. "Please, go."

"Uh, okay." The driver accelerated from the parking lot and into traffic.

"Do you think he'll follow us?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"Follow you? Are you two in trouble or something?" the driver questioned.

"I don't know. I don't think so," I said, glancing out the rear window.

Collin pulled his phone out and had 911 on the screen. "I'm definitely staying with you tonight."