Chapter 18

"You don't look happy, Mrs Snape." Marvolo commented as he looked at where Severus was with Narcissa on the dance floor moving to the slow song. "I'm a good listener, if you have any problems."

"You- How can you-" Rhea huffed slightly and turned away from him in anger and even slight fear. "You know everything, why do you even ask me?"

"I just wanted to help you vent your anger." He said chuckling lightly. "It helps. Loads."

"I don't want any help. I want my freedom. What's the difference between Dumbledore making me stay with Dursleys and staying at home with Severus after marriage. I can't do anything I want. At least with Dursleys I can go out and get some fresh air alone instead of having someone stuck to me all the time-" A glass was heard falling to the ground making Rhea snap her head towards Severus who just walked towards them as the song ended. Rhea suddenly regretted what she said as she didn't mean to compare Severus with Dursleys, she was just angry and it came out wrong.

Severus looked at Marvolo who looked slightly guilty, but it was gone as soon as their eyes met. He gave a nod to Marvolo before turning away and leaving from there. Rhea was about to stand up and follow him, but Marvolo held her hand and stopped her from following him.

"He needs some time." Marvolo commented.

"I didn't mean it like that. I swear." Rhea said and Marvolo sighed looking in the direction Severus left.

"He knows that." Marvolo said even if he knows Severus is hurt due to her words. But he only has himself to blame for it, he ignored Marvolo's suggestions of telling her the truth and kept her in dark which made her say such things in anger.

"He looked angry." Rhea bit her lip. "I should go and apologize -"

"No." Marvolo said sternly. "He should know that everything doesn't go as he wants and he should change his way of doing things."

"Huh?" Rhea looked at him confused.

"There was a reason why he didn't want you going out alone. He should've said that to you long ago, but he is in this imaginary world where he thinks you are going to be safe if you don't know the truth." Marvolo rolled his eyes. "You are a grown up girl, Rhea. You fought m-The Dark Lord far more times than anyone ever did. If anyone can handle the truth then it's you and he should know that. It is not some surprising thing either, you must've suspected it too."

"Can't you tell me?" Rhea asked him ignoring the dark lord phrase.

"Not here and not now certainly. I'll tell you once we go back." Marvolo promised and she nodded.

"So, why didn't you tell me before if it is so important?" Rhea asked him. "Then, nothing like this would've happened."

"You never asked me." Marvolo shrugged and she huffed again. He let his lips curl into a small smile at that and turned away from her to the dance floor again.

"Where is he?" Rhea asked when Severus didn't come back after a long time. "Is he fine? Something must've happened to him. May be we should go and check. What if he is hurt or something? He married me and some death eaters might be angry at him for marrying someone who killed-"

"Vanquished." Marvolo corrected her.

"Yeah, yeah. That's what I was saying." Rhea rolled her eyes looking away from him so that he wouldn't see it.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, young lady." Marvolo chided and she gasped slightly.

"You are too much. I'm going to go and find Severus." Rhea was about to stand up, but he held her hand to stop her again. "What?" She almost snapped but stopped herself as it is Voldemort in front of her.