Chapter 91 : Simplicity

Start from the beginning

"Hm, not now. The meeting will start pretty soon. Asking her about her problems right now, might lead to an air of hostility which will make the situation troublesome. Let's just stay quiet for now."

"Alright.... Hey, Ayanokouji-kun."

"Hm?"

"Her gaze upon me is making me feel uneasy for some reason."

Karuizawa indeed was correct. The girl from Class-C with light green hair was looking at Karuizawa as if her dog got killed by her. It was that of an infinite hatred and nothing else.

"Did you do something that might've made her have a wrong opinion of you?"

"I ... don't remember."

"It's alright. Don't worry much about it. If she tries something funny, I'll deal with it. Act like you always act. Don't give away the fact that she is making you uneasy."

"Got it."

With that Karuizawa lazily started scrolling through her mobile phone, not paying any attention to her surroundings as if she didn't care about anyone in the room. However if someone reads the room carefully, they can clearly notice the blonde haired girl slowly inching closer towards me.

Soon, the announcement reverberated through the speakers as the previous air of nonchalance turned into that of seriousness almost immediately.

「From this point onwards, we will begin with the first group discussion.」

Just that. A small announcement, but since no one from the different classes knew each other that well, none of them wanted to take the initiative in starting the discussion, resulting in the formation of an awkward atmosphere throughout the whole room.

I almost thought about speaking up and carrying out my plan, but it got interrupted as Ichinose stood up from her seat with an array of confidence and a bright smile on her face

"I do know most of the people here, but I suppose in accordance with the school's instructions, we should introduce ourselves firstly. Since there are also people who might not know each other yet."

Most of the students nodded to her words, internally feeling glad that someone broke the awkward atmosphere as some Class-A students could not hide their surprise at her taking the lead.

One of the Class-A students named Machida immediately rebutted to Ichinose's statement with a heavy and serious tone in his voice.

"I don't think there's any need for that. The school's just saying it as a formality. Only the ones who want to introduce themselves should do it."

"If Machida-kun doesn't wish to do it, then I certainly can't force you to. But there may be a recorder hidden somewhere in this room. If we blatantly disobey the instructions from the school, it may not just be you but the whole group that gets punished, you know?"