Chapter 7

... I have no excuses for my late update :')'Drama phantasmagoria' here is that one long world quest from Fischl's island. Also, if you haven't noticed from the usage of '-senpai', the characters of this story will mainly have an Asian tradition influence.

~

"Ayaya? Where are you right now?", Lumine spoke into her phone as she looked around the hall.

"I'm sorry! I'm walking with Thoma-senpai right now. We'll reach there soon", her friend answered back softly.

"With Thoma? Never mind, you can skip this and go on a date with him if you want", she teased while walking into one theater room of their university.

"Lumi! He might hear you!", Ayaka shushed her worriedly.

"Good, he should take hints then", Lumine snickered before she found Keqing waving at her.

"You are impossible", the young lady huffed at her, "we'll see you there, save seats for us."

"I will but there aren't couple seats here tho-", Ayaka hung up the phone before she could continue with her teasing.

Lumine put away her phone with a shake of her head and jogged towards Keqing, "hey, Ket! Excited to see your works on stage?"

The purple haired designer rubbed her palms with a bright smile, "I am! I can't believe Aether and the guys were chosen among the freshers. They are so awesome! Now, I am getting worried if my clothes were good enough for this crowd."

It was indeed awesome. Every year their theater studies major would select only one group from each grade and permit them to perform in the main theater of the university. The '5wirl' managed to attract the attention of their professors with their play so they were nominated for this opportunity. As for performers and designers, the sooner they got noticed, the better so Lumine could understand why Keqing was fretting with both happiness and concern.

Lumine patted her shoulder gently, "are you kidding me? They are one of your best works yet. And besides, there will be more chances for you to show off your designs with them."

Keqing looked back at her with slightly widened eyes, "do you think Aether would want to keep working with me afterward?"

"Of course, he would! They are lucky that they got a skilled designer such as you. I love how you make sure to know more about them before designing each one to suit their personalities. Not everyone puts that much effort", Lumine encouraged her.

Keqing smiled shyly at her words, "well, I wanted to make sure they would love the costumes from their hearts, just not for show. And, they were all sweet and kind to me, especially Aether. He helped me research the outfits, always brought snacks, and never forgot to walk me home."

At this, Lumine smirked and put her chin between fingers, "is he now? From that smile of yours, I take it you like that."

Keqing, who just noticed her smirk, pouted, "what are you thinking? I was just saying that he was kind and considerate. You have a great brother, you know."

Lumine could only snicker, "Aether? Considerate? You are talking about a person who will fight with me for every last slice of pizza all my life", and leaned in closer, "I'm just saying that he isn't that attentive with every girl."

Keqing blushed at her implication and pushed her away, "stoppp ittttt", making her snickered even more at her reaction.

"What did I miss?", Ayaka's gentle voice came from behind so Lumine turned around with a smile, only to let it fall when she saw a certain ginger man with them.