Chapter 3

"Hmmmm", Lumine slumped over the coffee table with a drawled sigh.

Yae looked up from the book she was reading with her brow raised, "that's a long one. Do you have something in your mind, Lumine?"

Ayaka patted her friend's head gently, "she's a little overwhelmed by the university costs."

The three of them were hanging out in the Kamisato siblings' living room.

Lumine scribbled on her note with a groan, "the two housemates we were supposed to share the place canceled. They will stay with their boyfriends or something."

Yae put down her book to give her full attention, "you are staying at a rented house? Not a dorm?"

"Dorms don't let us twins stay together because of some dumb rules. So, we rented a house near the campus. It has 6 bedrooms so the price is high", the blonde sat up, "currently, we have Xiao and Venti with us. But, the rent is too expensive for 4 people. Aether said he'll look for housemates in his major so if he can find them, it will be settled from next month."

She tapped her pen among the paper, "still we spent a bit more than our budget this month. I'll need to find a quick way to get some money."

Yae propped her face on palm, "how about part-time?"

Ayaka shook her head with a frown, "we already tried several offers. They said they won't pay until the end of the month. And, she'll need some extra money before next week."

Yae snapped her finger, remembering something, "oh! You are fresher, right? We have all kinds of events for you all. It's an annual event here to ensure freshers enjoy their start."

The two freshers sat up straighter at her words, curiosity shone in their eyes. She grabbed her phone with a light blue case and tapped on the screen quickly.

Turning the screen toward them, she explained, "these events are held by the school officials and clubs so you can bet winning one can cover your expense for at least a month. Look up which game will suit you."

Ayaka read from the screen, "singing contest, dancing contest, robot invention, make-up contest- oh- beauty pageant!"

Lumine shook her head aggressively at her friend's sudden change in tone, "no way, Ayaya! I'm not doing that stuff again!"

Ayaka playfully smiled back, "why not? You did well the last time."

"That was when we were in elementary school!", she argued.

Yae's curiosity peeked at this, "you were in a beauty pageant before?"

Lumine grimaced from memories, "just a few times, let's just say that my mom loved to dress me up. A lot."

Ayaka opened her phone, showing her old photos to Yae.

"Ayaya! I thought I had already deleted those??", her golden eyes widened in disbelief.

The light blue-haired girl giggled, "I had them saved in DRIVE."

Lumine gasped loudly at her betrayal, "you tricked me?"

Before she could do anything, smirking Yae grabbed her right arm, "Ayaka, you have makeup in your room, right?"

Lumine shivered at her tone, "no-"

Smiling Ayaka also held on her other arm, "of course, Yae-senpai."

"No, no, Ayaya! Please no! Yae-senpai, I don't-", no matter how much she struggled, the two grinning ladies dragged her into the room.