Night and Day

Mika's POV

Week 3

After dinner, we went straight into bath time since Addi had somehow got mashed potatoes and corn in her hair. Atticus on the other hand was squeaky clean but urged a bath since he wanted to wash off all the schoolgirl cooties. Finally, the kids were fed and clean so it was time for their room reveals.

"Ok Addi you first...cover your eyes!" I say.

The 3-year-old listens well covering her eyes with her tiny but chubby hands. Bose opens her door and then stands to the side with Atticus as I kneel by Addi's side.

"Ok, open them!" Bose says.

Addi takes her hands off her eyes at lightning speed, her face overwhelmed with happiness as she sees her new multicolored room. She ran over to her bed which had a carriage frame and said...

"My bed is cute!"

"I'm happy you like it...now let's go see Atticus' room!" Bose says.

Atticus' face lights up at the sound of that, instantly covering his eyes, and having Bose guide him out of Addi's room. I open his room door while picking up Addi so she isn't in the way.

"Ok open them, buddy!" I say.

"Ok!" Atticus says.

Atticus opens his eyes observing the space-themed room in wonder and curiosity. He went around feeling everything, looking high and low, and lastly laying on his bed.

"You guys are the best...thank you!" Atticus says.

The young boy hops off his bed into Bose's arms...Bose thankfully caught him. Atticus hugs him tight as a bear, his legs wrapped around his torso, and his arms wrapped around his neck while his head rested on his shoulder.

"Your welcome, Atti." Bose says.

"Fank you!" Addi copies.

Addi does the same as Atticus by wrapping her limbs around me and resting her small head on my shoulder.

"Your welcome hun." I say.

"Alright, guys it's time for bed." Bose says.

No reply...

"Atti...Addi?" I question.

Bose peeked at Addi and I glimpsed at Atticus then we both realize that the tiny humans had fallen asleep in our arms.

"That was way easier than I'd thought it be." Bose jokes while whispering.

"The real challenge is getting them off of us and in their beds." I say.

Bose tiptoes like he's on eggshells...moving slower than a sloth. He pulls back the covers and then gently unravels Atticus from himself. He covers Atticus causing the young boy to fidget a little but he soon gets right back into a deep sleep. Now it's my turn so we walk out of the boy's room leaving the door slightly cracked. We enter Addi's room and Bose helps me by pulling back her blankets. She was locked onto me like a spider on the web but after 5 minutes of tugging, she was finally in her bed. I handed Addi her blanket then covered her up...Bose and I silently exited the room and once we are fully out I feel like I can breathe again. Bose and I celebrated in silence because we got through the first day of the many other days to come.

Arranged LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara