Russian Roulette

November 6th, 2038, 7:51pm

Connor opens his eyes as he felt rain falling down on his head. He looks around to see he is back in the garden but this time it was gloomy and rainy. He looks down to see he was holding an umbrella in his left hand. He starts to walk forward as he looks around and sees Amanda standing near a white tree.

"Hello, Amanda." Connor greets as he walks up to her. "Connor, I've been expecting you... would you mind a little walk?" She asked. Connor nods as he opens up the umbrella. He then stands by her side then holds the umbrella over their heads to block the rain.

"That Deviant seemed to be an intriguing case." Amanda said as her and Connor began to walk along the walkway by the pond. "A pity you didn't manage to capture it..." She said as she glares up at Connor.

Amanda Status: Trusted but decreased

"Deviants are completely irrational, which makes it difficult to anticipate their behaviour... but I should have been more effective." Connor replied to her. "Did you manage to learn anything?" She asked him. "The walls of the apartment were covered with drawings of labyrinths and other symbols. Like the other Deviants, it seemed obsessed with rA9." Replies Connor.

"What else?" She asked.

"It was fascinated by birds. We've seen other Deviants interested in other life forms like insects or pets, but nothing like this." Connor replied.

"You came very close to capturing that Deviant..." Amanda said as she glares at him. If he could have gulped from nerves he would have. He knew that she was angry at him for failing but when he saw how scared you were when you were pushed and fell off, he just knew he had to save you.

"How is your relationship with the Lieutenant and the Detective developing?" Amanda asked him. "She was grateful that I saved her life on the roof and so was Lieutenant Anderson, he cares deeply for his daughter." Connor said as he felt his core temperature seeming to increase, remembering the hug you gave him. He could still feel your arms wrapped around him.

As they make it to the bridge, Connor turns to stand in front of Amanda, who looked very upset at this, as she said. "We don't have much time. Deviancy continues to spread. It's only a matter of time before the media finds out about it. We need to stop this, whatever it takes."

"I will solve this investigation, Amanda. I won't disappoint you." Connor said to her, firmly. "A new case just came in. Find both the Anderson's and investigate it." She said as she walks away, leaving him alone on the bridge.

You were sitting on your couch wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top, watching a sad film. D/N was sat on your lap watching you cry as if to say 'You cry at everything.' You look down at her and pat her head as you sniffle, with a small smile. You look back to the film as more tears fall down your face at the scene. "It's just so sad, D/N." You mumble.

You then hear a knock at your door and turn to look towards it. "Maybe if I don't answer they'll go away..." You say to D/N turning back to the TV, however it seemed they would not go away the knocking continued. You sigh and pick D/N up placing her onto the floor as she huffs at you disappointed.

The knocking continues as you start to feel annoyed, you walk to your door and open it saying. "If you knock one more time, I'll knock your head off." You then look up to see Connor who tilts his head at you. "I apologise, Y/N. I wasn't sure if you heard me." He says as he stares at your face. "Why are you crying?" He then asks as you wipe the tears off your face.

"I was watching a sad film, but that's not the point why are you at my house?" You ask as you glare at him. "A new case just came in and I need yours and your fathers help." He replies as you sigh in annoyance. "One night, that's all I wanted. Just one. I need to get changed then I'll be ready. Uh, come in I guess." You said as open the door wider for him as he stepped in instantly looking around.