Chapter 8

Tanner woke up to Y/N pacing around the room, mumbling something incoherent.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" Tanner sat up.
"Oh, It's nothing, I see you're doing better though"
"Yeah, that hangover was a killer. But don't change the topic. You're visibly nervous/upset"
Y/N sighed and sat down on the bed.

"C'mon tell me!" Tanner got behind Y/N.
"No, I refuse" Y/N crossed their arms.
"Then you leave me no choice"  Tanner said in a serious tone.
"What are you-" Before Y/N could finish that sentence, Tanner began tickling them.

"Tanner!? Haha! Stop!" Y/N fell on their back. Letting Tanner be on top, tickling them mercilessly.
"No! C'mon tell me!"
"No" "Tell me!" "No!" "C'mon tell me tell me tell me!"
"Alright! Alright I'll tell you just let me catch my breath"
Tanner immediately stopped tickling Y/N.

But Y/N had different plans and the the great tickle war of this chapter began.

They Tickled eachother for a solid 5 minutes but then they called it a tie. Making Y/N fall on Tanners chest, laughing.

"Sooo, will you tell me now?" Tanner placed his hand on Y/Ns back, looking down on them.
"Fineeee, I went to the market today and I saw-"
Tanner immediately got up and held Y/N.
"It wasn't Demitri right?! Did he hurt you or touch you any way?!"
"No, but it was someone equally as bad, it was Luna"

Tanner got confused.
"But aren't you too close? You two live together, you take care of them and everything"
"Well yea, but haven't you noticed that I don't really want to go back?"
"Yeah I was curious about it, but didn't want you to pressure you into telling me" Tanner put his arm on Y/Ns back.
"That's nice, thank you" Y/N turned to Tanner and hugged him.
"No problem, now do you want me to listen to you vent?" Tanner hugged Y/N back.
"Yes please" Y/N then put their head on Tanners lap.

Y/N then began to explain how demanding Luna was. Once their cousin passed away, they let themselves go. Y/N had to force them to shower and sleep, and had to work for Luna while they were out sleeping.

Once Y/N finished venting, there was silence.
"Wow that was a lot of responsibility, and I know It's serious when you show me physical affection for more than 5 seconds" Tanner joked.
"Shut up!" Y/N snickered and said in a playful tone.

Y/N then frowned and looked into Tanners eyes.

"Tanner am I a bad person?"
"What- No?"
"Then why do I feel guilty for leaving Luna alone?"
"You technanically didn't leave them"
"Yes but I still feel like crap, I'm their only family now and I'm choosing to stay away from them"

Silence filled the room as Y/N sat up.
"Hey, how about we go out for a walk? To clear your mind and relax?" Tanner asked, putting his hand on Y/Ns.
Y/N looked down on their hands, then looked back up at Tanner.
"Yeah... Yeah, okay that's a good idea"

"Then let's go already!" Tanner smiled. Heading to the door, taking Y/Ns hand.

Once they were outside.
Tanner quickly locked the door and began walking with Y/N

"Where are we going?" Y/N asked.
"It's a suprise" Tanner winked and smiled at Y/N.

Tanner then changed the topic and they began talking about regular everyday stuff.

After walking for hours they finally reached their destination.
It was a small burger shack.

"What is this place?" Y/N asked.
"This is my old hangout place, they serve the cheapest, yet the most delicious burgers here" Tanner walked in.

"Tanner! Is that you!?" A small older woman ran up to Tanner and immediately hugged him.
"Hi mrs Belcher, long time no see"
Tanner hugged the small women back as Y/N watched.
"You grew so much! And oooh! Are you on a date? They're pretty!" Mrs Belcher turned their attention to Y/N.
Y/N blushed a bit "Thank you" Y/N responded before Tanner could say anything.

"Now, let me guess you want the usual Tanner?"
Tanner nodded.
"Alright, give it 10 minutes and they'll be out" Mrs Belcher then went into the kitchen.

"Sorry about that" Tanner turned to Y/N and pulled a chair out, for them.
"It's no problem, also thank you" Y/N sat down.
Tanner sat next to Y/N.

"Sooo, how do you know about this place?" Y/N asked.
"Oh, like I said, I used to go here with my friends after school, a lot of fun times. Like this one time! Where my friend Darwin decided it would be a good idea to prank mrs Belcher, by spilling ketchup on himself and pretending to be dead"

Tanner got out of his seat and started mimicking the story he was telling.
"Bleh! I'm dead! Poor misses Belcher almost had a heart attack! We felt so baddd, we gave her flowers and chocolates afterwards so she could forgive us!"

Y/N started giggling at the story as Tanner sat back down. He then asked if Y/N had any fun experiences.

"Well, there was this one time where me and my friends were going around, selling random stuff so we could buy Bibles for our bullies " Y/N finished the story, laughing, Tanner also joining in.

They then went back and forth on old childhood memories.
Y/N noticing that Tanner was casually touching their arms and legs.

Once the burgers arrived, Y/N took one bite and fell in love.

"These are delicious!"
"Glad you like them!" Mrs Belcher said then glanced at Tanner.
"This ones a keeper" Then walked off.
Tanner and Y/N blushed at mrs Belchers remark but brushed it off, and started eating.

Once they finished, Tanner offered to pay, Y/N thanked Tanner.

"So how much do I owe you?"
"More visits! Tanner I missed you! It's been a while since you visited!"
"Yeah I'll make sure to visit more, but seriously how much do I owe you?"
"It's on the house!"
"Can I still pay you?"
"No! I won't allow it!"
"Well, how about I tip you 20 bucks and we'll be done with this?"
"Ohhh! You're such a good kid, now run along now!"

Tanner opened the door for Y/N and they both waved goodbye to mrs Belcher.

"So are we going back home now?"
"Now!? But we've just been to one place!"
"There's more than one place!?"
"Hell yea! I mean if you're tired then we can go back..."
"No! I mean... No, let's not"
"Alrighty then, let's go"
Tanner smiled and started walking to the next destination.

They again started casually chatting about life while walking.

But then Tanner said "You know, mrs Belcher was right. You're really pretty" Then went back to talking like normal. This caught Y/N off guard but they smiled and went back to talking.

Then they arrived to their final destination.

It was a park with a river in the middle. And a bridge above it.

Tanner and Y/N then began to skip rocks. Tanner helping and teaching Y/N how to do it. Touching them while doing it, making it a competition to see who could skip the best.

Then Tanner noticed the sun setting. Tanner grabbed Y/Ns hand and walked them over to this big tree.

Y/N got scared, but Tanner calmed them down.

Tanner helped Y/N climb it, then Tanner climbed it like a pro.

And they watched the sunset together.
Y/N putting their head on Tanners shoulder. And Tanner putting his arm around Y/N.

After the sun set, Y/N yawned.
"Let me guess, you want to go back home and sleep?" Y/N nodded.
"Alrighty then, let me help you down" Tanner the jumped down from the tree and helped Y/N down.

"This was fun" Y/N said with a smile.
"I'm glad that you liked it" Tanner smiled back.

They then walked back to their house. Holding hands, still talking.

Once they reached the door, Tanner unlocked the door and let Y/N in.

They then took off their shoes, showered and went into bed.

Once they were laying in bed together, Y/N said "I had a really fun time with you today" and kissed Tanner on lips.

Tanner blushed at the sudden affection, but responded with "Yeah, I had a really fun time with you today too"

Then they both hugged eachother and fell asleep.