12~ To Talk. To Punch. To Listen.

Start from the beginning

I brought her to the house after school, so I drove the two of us to Mason's. Ashtyn wanted a smoothie, so we stopped by Jamba Juice on the way. I bought her a smoothie and I decided against one.

"Why didn't you get one, East?" She asked as we walked back out to the car. "I would've paid for my own"

I shrugged. "I didn't want one. I've told you a thousand times, Ash, I don't mind buying you things."

She pouted. "I know, but I don't like it. I can pay for things myself."

"Well get used to it because I'm not stopping," I told her finally as I got into the driver's seat. She took the passenger's seat.

She continued pouting as I pulled out of the parking lot. She stopped when she heard her favorite song on the radio.

"East, East can we turn it up?" She hit my arm repeatedly in excitement.

I gave in to her demand and regretfully turned up the volume. It was Harry Styles. No offense to Harry or anything. I just hate his music or any pop music really. I don't get why every girl in the country is so obsessed with him.

She screamed to the song as I drove. God, my ears were bleeding, but I suffered through the pain as I turned down Mason's street.

The song, thankfully, came to an end as I pulled into the driveway. The smile on her face was undeniable. It almost made the song bearable enough to listen through.

"I love him," She squealed.

"Yeah, you and every other girl in America," I muttered and unbuckled my seat belt. I know he was popular all around the world.

"What's wrong with that?" She asked as we got out.

I put my hands up in defense. "There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'm just not a fan."

"You're not a fan of much, are you?" She laughed. She opened the door and the two of us walked in. The first thing I noticed was how good it smelled. Julia has definitely been cooking. "Mase, I'm home!" She called. "I brought Easton!"

"Easton?" Julia walked out of the kitchen. She walked over to the two of us and hugged us. "I didn't know you were coming over. Are you staying for dinner? We have more than enough for you." She asked.

"I didn't know I was coming either. Ash invited me over. I'll be glad to stay for dinner," I answered.

"Okay perfect," She said before sauntering into the kitchen.

"Come on," Ash nodded her head towards her bedroom.

I've been to Mason's a lot, even since Ashtyn moved in. I have never been in her room before. I think it might have been some sort of unspoken rule between her and Mason. A no-boys rule or something. I'm not exactly sure.

The last time I was in a girl's room, it wasn't so innocent and her parents definitely weren't home.

"This is my room," She said as she opened the door to her bedroom.

Her walls were a light gray. Her bed was pushed into the corner with a white comforter and pink throw pillows. There was a desk in between her closet and bed. On the other side of her bed, there was a white dresser. Everything was neat, not a thing was out of place. I would expect nothing less from Ashtyn.

I walked over to her desk. She had a wire corkboard over her desk with pictures all over it. There were some of her and her friends in what I would guess was junior high, her and Mason, and one of her and a woman who looks like the older version of her. The same woman was in a set of pictures from a photo booth.