11~ And So It Begins

"Where's Ethan?" I asked Demi as I came in from my run.

It had been a couple of days since the fight at Tyler's. We didn't talk about it again the next day. I didn't feel the need to. That party was crazy and I think we'd all prefer to forget it.

He went out last night and I haven't seen him since.

"I don't know dear. I haven't seen him. I have to go to the store to get a few things. I'll see you after school. Ethan has a bowl on the counter waiting for him," She said and grabbed all of her things before leaving the house.

I went upstairs and took a shower and got dressed like every other day. I noticed the lack of my flannel. I forgot I gave it to Ashtyn at the party. I grabbed my black biker jacket to put over my white shirt and faded blue jeans. I slipped on my black Vans and grabbed all of my stuff.

I walked downstairs and back to the kitchen to see that the bowl Demi left was untouched. It was weird. Ethan was always downstairs by now.

"Come on Eth! Where the hell are you? We're gonna be late," I yelled up the stairs. Not that I cared about being late. It just hurries his ass up.

Ethan stumbled downstairs. He looked like shit. He was still in his pajama pants. His hair was all over the place. He had a blanket wrapped around his body, but he had beads of sweat on his forehead.

"You look like shit."

"I feel like shit," He groaned and coughed.

I sighed and walked over to him. I placed the back of my hand on his forehead. His skin was burning hot. Sick days were never a good sign in our family. When he got sick, I wasn't too far behind and Flu likes to stick around for a while. It sucks.

"Go take some medicine and go back to bed for a while. Text me if you need anything. I'll let Demi know that you're sick and pray that I don't get it," I ordered and pointed back upstairs. There was a medicine box in each of the bathrooms. So if somebody gets sick, they have easy access to medicine.

He didn't have to be told twice before he trudged back up to his room. I'm not even sure he was going to take medicine, but I'll be sure to let Demi know.

I called her as I walked to the car. I knew she was busy and planned on shopping pretty much all day. "Hey Demi," I said once she picked up. I got into the car. "I just wanted to let you know that Ethan is home sick with a fever. I sent him back to bed with some medicine. He shouldn't be awake for awhile, knowing him."

"Okay. I'll be sure to get some soup at the store. Thank you for letting me know. Don't get sick, Easton. Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer." She reminded me. She knew how easily I got sick after Ethan.

"Yes ma'am," I said as I pulled out of the driveway. "I'll see you later Demi. Thank you"

"That's what I'm here for, dear. I'll see you when you get back from school." She said.

"Bye Demi," I said finally and hung up the phone.

I drove to school and now I was more than thirty minutes late. I walked into the side door and I ran into Mason, quite literally.

"Sorry," He said before looking up from the file in his hand. "Easton? Why are you this late?" He interrogated. Dad mode activated.

"Ethan got sick this morning. I had to deal with him before I left this morning." I explained. I didn't mention the fact that I was already going to be late since my morning run ran longer than usual.

"How's the kid?" He asked.

"He looked like shit and had a fever. I sent him back to bed after taking medicine. He should be fine. Hopefully, it's not the flu." I said.