10~ A Little Party Never Killed Anybody

Start from the beginning

"Yes, that's correct and no, I'm not stupid. Ash invited me and said she didn't want to go alone. I wasn't going to let her go alone," I explained.

"You do know Megan is most likely going to be there, right?" He asked slowly.

I knew she was going to be the main topic of conversation. Yeah of course I knew she was going to be there. She's Megan. She's always at every party. She's always the center of attention. She always has been and she always will be.

"Yes, and after the last time we had a conversation I doubt she'll be bothering me anytime soon," I said with a smug look on my face. I was pretty proud of myself for what I said to her.

"What did you say to her?" He asked curiously.

"I told her I don't give a fuck about her anymore and she could go sleep with her mailman and I wouldn't give a flying fuck and to fuck off," I summed up that whole argument.

He busted out laughing. "Dude that's great." I laughed along with him.

"So are you coming or what?" I asked after the laughing fit was over.

"Yeah, I'm in. I can't turn down a good party."

"We're leaving at eight," I told him.

He nodded in acknowledgment and I went back upstairs. It was time for a run. I hadn't done anything today and I had a sudden need to do something productive. Running usually did that for me.

I grabbed my armband, headphones, and my phone. I put on some music and made my way outside.

***

Ash

I'm omw

Me

We're not far behind

See you there

Ash

Ok

I still hadn't gotten dressed after my post-run shower. I've been scrolling through my phone for the past thirty minutes. I got up and looked at my closet. I grabbed a pair of faded jeans, a maroon t-shirt, and a dark gray flannel. I slipped on my black Vans and grabbed my phone before heading downstairs.

Ethan walked down a few minutes after me and we said goodbye to Demi, before leaving the house. Ethan rode with me.

We pulled up to Tyler's within the next ten minutes. As always, the music was already loud enough to hear outside and there was hardly anywhere to park. I spotted Ash's car and parked as close as I could.

We both got out and Ethan looked at me like I was going to explode at any second.

"Ethan stop," I told him sharply.

"Are you sure you're okay?" His concern grew the closer we got to the house.

I stopped and turned to face him. "Ethan. I said I was fine. Can you just leave it alone for once?" I snapped.

He put his hands up in mock defense. I know he was just worried, but he was starting to piss me off. We walked in and immediately were met with the smell of alcohol. The lights were off and neon party lights lit up the room quite a bit. We walked in and I searched for Ashtyn.

Finally, I found her in the kitchen. She was talking to some guy. I couldn't tell who it was until I got closer. It was Tyler Klein.

"Hey Ash," I said casually and walked over to the two of them. She was wearing a cropped t-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans.