[03] Netflix and chill

There was a knock at the door, Jane went to open it and Y/N was standing on the other side with a bottle of whisky. Jane smiled and let him into her apartment, closing the door behind him.

'I ordered a pizza.' Jane said taking two glasses out of the cupboard. Y/N unscrewed the cap off the bottle and poured a small amount into each glass.

They both went over to the couch and Jane, hesitantly, reached for the TV remote.

"Wanna watch the Sound of Music?" Y/N asked, 'It's on Netflix.'

'Ok.' Jane replied,

Jane loved the Sound of Music, She felt like it was so much more different to the other musicals.

She opens Netflix and selects the Sound of Music,

She laid her head on Y/N's shoulder and she took a sip of her drink.

The pizza had arrived just as the movie started.

They ate at watched the movie.

Jane was halfway through a slice of pizza when her phone vibrated loudly on the coffee table and the ringtone played over the movie.

Jane ignored it and stopped ringing.

But then a few seconds later, Y/N's phone was heard ringing in his coat pocket. His coat was on the dining table.

Y/N had thought about ignoring it, but might be work if they had already tried to get in contact with Jane.

Y/N put his the glass on the coffee table and got up to get his phone. Jane paused the movie, and she listened to Y/N's conversation.

"Hello." He answered, "Yes she's here." He looked at Jane as he spoke. She knew it had to be work.

Y/N came back to the couch, phone in hand and he pressed the loudspeaker button, "Ok, go ahead." Y/N spoke.

"Banner, L/N," Jane recognised the voice of Captain Andrews, "I know this might be a bad time, but it cannot wait."

"I have been contacted by the police commissioner in Sandpoint, Idaho."

Y/N and Jane looked at each other, they both guessed where this was going.

"They have asked for your help investigating a string of murders in the town." The captain spoke.

"Why us?" Jane asked.

"People know who you are, and the commissioner has been struggling with this case for a few months and it's gotten nowhere. You guys are like modern-day Hercule Poirot."

Y/N tried to smile, but neither he nor Jane liked the publicity, they just wanted to do their jobs.

"Alright." They both said.

"Ok, I'll call the commissioner. He wants you both there as soon as possible." Captain Andrews said.

"We'll take a flight out tomorrow." Jane replied.

"Thank you. Have a good evening." The captain hung up.

Jane sighed, she took a big sip of her drink. She reached for her phone and booked the flights to Idaho.

Then she put her phone back on the coffee table and laid her head on Y/N's shoulder again.

"What time is the flight?" He asked.

"1 p.m. tomorrow." She replied.

"Couldn't you get an earlier flight?" Y/N asked.

"The earliest was 8 in the morning. You'd have to go now to get packed before the flight" As she spoke, she wrapped her arms around his one muscular one.