Chapter 10

NXT has come right around the corner once again and with just a few days after Takeover Portland, the WWE Universe was ready for a new wave of feuds and title matches. With Triple H actually being in control of WWE thus far, things were definitly going really well and the backstage moral got better again as well. Y/N for example was smiling more as he prepared for his segment for the night. First he had some really great days with Tegan which pushed the young man in a positive direction and now he was getting into his first real feud since the accident.

Yes, Y/N took inspiration from Hunter as he made his way to the ring. It was one of the best returns from an injury and the young man thought why not to do something just like that? Of course he and Hunter talked it over before setting everything up and by the looks of things, the crowd was loving it already. They cheered for Y/N as he walked down the ramp and around the ring. He didn't do the water spit though, because that would've been too much of a gimmick infringement. But he did a crotch chop to just tease the fans and viewers until entering the ring and grabbing a microphone.  However loud 'Welcome Back' chants kept Y/N from even saying anything for a good while. When the crowd eventually got quiet again, he could finally get to it.

 When the crowd eventually got quiet again, he could finally get to it

Y/N:" Man, did I miss this. NXT, how have you been?"

More cheers echoed through the arena, making Y/N smile brightly.

Y/N:" That's what I wanted to hear! Y'know, the path I had to take to even get back to this condition was hard. When that bullet tore through me, I knew I would be out for a while. Luckily, it wasn't a life threatening wound, but it did more than enough damage nonetheless...But that's now behind me! I'm back in full control of myself and ready to make NXT mine again!"

Another smile flashed at the camera and Y/N ran a hand through his hair, but his return was to be spoiled by an interruption. And who was the one to interrupt him? Well...

Grayson Waller, the australian who agonized many people on the roster already. He heard everything, but had enough of this mess as he would call it. Getting a mic for himself, Grayson took a stand just a few feet away from Y/N.

Grayson:" Ladies and Gentlemen, look who it is! The unsung hero has returned! Y/N, old pal, how are you?"

Y/N:" Aaaand you are?"

Grayson:" Oh, my bad. I'm Grayson Waller, the guy who's taking NXT as his ever since you've been gone."

Y/N:" You?...You wanna make this brand yours? Buddy, it's time to wake up and face reality. Sure, I acknowledge your accomplishments, but you're not exactly on the level needed to be a leader."