Chapter 9

With the milkshakes and a very long, but also funny and entertaining conversation dealt with for now, Y/N was accompanying Tegan home. He felt like it was the least he could do and Tegan appreciated it as well. Obviously the others would have a lot of questions and might tease her about the date, but she didn't care for that right now. They had a great time and got to know each other better and that was the important part. And with Tegan's return coming closer as well, things were definitly looking very bright for the coming future.

Y/N:" I still can't believe you and Candice had a bit of a cooking show. What happened to that?"

Tegan:" It was a fun experiment and I learned a lot. Unfortunately there were no further plans to keep it going. It's a shame."

Y/N:" Yeah. I would love to know how well you can cook."

Tegan:" I've gotten better thanks to Candice. Otherwise I'd still suck haha."

Sharing a soft laugh with each other, it was clear now that this date wouldn't just be a one time thing

Sharing a soft laugh with each other, it was clear now that this date wouldn't just be a one time thing. Y/N really enjoyed Tegan's company and vice versa, even if they had to give some props to Dakota who talked to both of them for confidence. It was different from what they thought would be going on, but ever since meeting each other at rehab, things have developed in a very nice direction. It was only a matter of time until the next step would be taken.

Y/N:" You're really something, Tegan. I never met someone with such humor and enthusiasm."

Tegan:" You're in for a fun ride then, Y/N. This train isn't stopping any time soon."

Y/N:" Then I might as well enjoy the ride."

Tegan:" Cheeky plonker, you. But I really had a great time with you today. Thank you so much for inviting me out."

Y/N:" I do what I can. It's no problem at all, Tegan. I really had a lot of fun too."

Tegan:" Any idea where we go next time?"

Y/N:" There's a next time?"

Tegan:" Of course, silly. I'm not letting you off the hook that easily."

Y/N chuckled to himself and thought about what to do for the next date. Tegan was so different, so special in her own way and he liked that about her. She had this fun and goofy side to her, but also had a serious side when it came to business.

 She had this fun and goofy side to her, but also had a serious side when it came to business