Chapter 14

Vincent softly placed his fingers on the keys of the piano and begin to play something very sweet. 'oh wow, not sure what I was so worried about, this is beautiful!', you thought to yourself. All of the sudden he pounded harder on the keys than even you did. 'pounding on the piano like that has got to eventually throw it out of tune....', still thinking to yourself.

Vincent pounded for a few creepy, dark, chords. After those chords came a melody. It wasn't like any melody you had ever heard before. You were certain he had to of made it up, because you listened to a lot of composers before, but hadn't heard anything like this. It was creepy, it was dramatic, emotional, sounded like murder, but what stood out was that even with the sound of death, it still sounded beautiful. He played faster and faster and soon came to his full potential. His arms stretched to each sides of the piano, with you in the middle. Vincent soon began to play and bring his hands together, ending the song in the middle of the piano, wrapping you in a hug.

"So, how was that~!" Vincent asked huffing and puffing.

"I-it... It wasn't like anything I had ever heard before..."

"Well~! You could almost say I'm self taught too~! But I'm not... I had lessons as a young boy, however, this piece you've heard today was brought to you by the one and only~!!" He pointed to himself and smiled like a huge dork.

"Hahaha! Well holy crap! Dude! That was like totally fucking amazing! You definitely have me beat, by far!" You weren't even jealous. He takes the cake in this field, though, you did wish you could play like that. You were proud of him.

"Well, not necessarily... What you did, is something I could never do..."

"What do you mean? What I played was simple"

"Yeah, but what I mean, is I make up as I go and usually don't remember exactly how to play somethings I've made up..."

"But you know how to read sheet music don't you? You should really slowly make something up and write it down as you go"

"But I don't have any blank manuscript..."

"Dude!!! We can just make some! All it is, is lines on paper really..."

"Good point..."

"You mean great point" You smiled and giggled at him.

"Ha Ha, okay anyway, I was going to ask you if you knew any duets~!"

"Oh... Actually... I do... It's actually the first thing I ever learned on the piano"

"Really? What is it??"

"Heart and Soul."

"Really!? I know that one!"

"But wait, how do you play it? There's more variations of that song than there are holes inside Spongebob"

"Sponge-what?"

"That's not important!"

"Here, lets just play and see where it takes us~!"

"Hehe~! Well alright... But wait... Which part are you going to play??"

"Hmmmm..... I'll do the melody~!"

"Alright.... Show off...." You said teasingly.

"The one and only! Piano master~!"

That comment did nothing but make you laugh, "Okay okay piano master, lets just play"

And with that you introduced it with a C Major chord and then with the chords that followed. Soon it was time for Vincent to come in. Damn, was he a show off. You had never heard it played like that. He took the original melody and turned it into some bizarre remix of the song. It still sounded good though and it went along with what you were playing.

"Show off~!" You sung, while still looking down and playing.

"I'm just adding to the melody, maybe you should try it too~!" He sung back, except he looked right at you, instead of the piano.

"Well alright, now I feel as if I've been issued a challenge~!"

"That's because you have" Vincent smirked and looked back down at the piano.

"Oh really?" you smirked back and started to add your own stuff to it.