Chapter 13

Vincent was holding your hand and leading you to a room down the hallway.

"Where are we going???" You asked curiously.

"You'll see~!"

"???" You were highly confused...

Soon, he slowly opened the door to the room he was going to take you in. It was dark at first, but he quickly turned on the lights. What you saw, amazed you. Your eyes lit up and widened as you gasped. What you saw was a room with carpet half way up the walls, no windows, and a full sized grand piano in the center.

"Can you really play!?" You asked Vincent with extreme excitement. You loved piano music.

"You bet I can" He smirked, which you thought was pretty dorky and it made you giggle. "Can you play?".

"Well... Uh... It's complicated..." You knew you could play, you'd been playing ever since you could remember, you just never had lessons, lets just say, you were self taught and made up your own music.

"What do you mean by that??"

"Well.... I'm kind of self taught... But I'm not very good..."

"I'll be the judge of that~!"

"Wait... What??" You never played in front of anyone except your mom... You were always too scared to play in front of anyone else.

"I would like to hear you play~... I always hear me play, but I haven't really heard anyone else play for a while, and I would like to hear what you sound like~!" Vincent smiled, pulled out the piano bench, and motioned you to sit down.

"Well... Uh... Well then don't get mad if I'm awful because I get really shaky when I play around anyone else but my mom..."

"Fine with me~!"

"Alright... Here goes nothing~........" You sat down on the bench. Then you popped you knuckles and they made a really loud cracking sound. "But wait... What should I play???".

"What? All that popping your knuckles was just for show?" He said and chuckled while he did. He was leaning up against the wall.

"What? No! I can play... But I don't know... I'm not great.... But I can play..."

"Well. Then play the most complicated thing you can play. I want to see some finger action~!"

"Pffff!!! Hahahahaha!!!! Sorry, but that made my mind go into the gutter!"

"Good~."

"Dear Lord... I'll just play..." You took a deep breath and started to play a song that you'd been working on. It started out slow at first, but then gradually got faster. Then it went slow and stopped.

"Wait... Was that it??"

"Shhhh!!! Silence in a song is just as important! It's part of the piece"

"oh..."

All of the sudden you slammed on the keys and played a complicated tune that involved and shook the whole keyboard. It was an emotionally anger tune, yet it was absolutely beautiful. After a while of that, it slowly, and gradually toned down and you ended it with first some chords, and then it finally ended on a high C.

"So. How was that?" You asked huffing and puffing because of all the playing you did.

"I uh.... Uh.... It... It was.... AMAZING!!!!"

"R-really!? You really think so!?"

"Yes!!! Oh my god yes! I have never heard someone besides myself play like that!" Vincent told you very excitedly. He then walked toward you and applauded you. Wow, that really boosted your piano playing confidence, and that's not even sarcasm.

"W-wow! I didn't know I was that good..."

"Good? You're great! But now it's time for me to show you my skills." He sat down on the piano bench with you.

"Umm.... Should I get off the bench?" You asked.

"No, I would like to you have a close up view so you can properly witness the master~"

"Pffff...... Hahaha so, 'The Master' eh?" You said teasing Vincent.

"Oh shut up and listen to me play" He said laughing back.

"Oh alright" You smiled.

Vincent then did the same thing you had previously done and he popped his knuckles, except when he did it, the cracking sound sounded like bones breaking. It was loud and defined. It really caught your attention, but before he started to play, he just simply asked:

"Are you ready?" and smirked.

You just nodded your head with wide open eyes.