bruno bucciarati - table

fluff entry ⇨ it was amazing how we lacked time for each other but never lacked communication

bruno bucciarati x fem college student!reader
- requested by beeboopmeowmeow

-

normally, having strict parents—as y/n does—won't gain the privilege of having intimate relationships until you reach the age of 18. if unlucky enough, until you graduate college.

as for y/n, she was unlucky enough that she wasn't allowed to have boyfriends till college, but was lucky enough that it was bruno bucciarati that she fell in love with.

she even remembered how eventful it was the first time she confessed with all her might that she allowed herself to be courted without her parents' permission.

"my daughter passed a big university entrance exam!" her mother gleamed. "your father could never achieve it in his past!"

she nervously chuckled as y/n saw her father enter a gloomy state. "mom—"

"i'll buy everything you need!" her mother unknowingly interrupted her. "how much are the uniforms? will you need a considerable allowance to travel every day?  you can settle in a dorm if that's more convenient for y—"

"i'm being courted."

that's it. cat's out of the bag, just like that. of all things, y/n never thought it'll be that easy to just get it out.

the newspaper being dropped from her father's hands and the sound of the smashing plate on the marble floor were the first sounds heard before getting a word from both of her parents.

"...what?" 

"tell me you're joking."

"it's true," the woman let out a soft yet distressed sigh. "this guy confessed and asked if he can court me. i-i said yes."

"you said yes..?"

"why?"

they were surprisingly both still calm, no pots and brooms being thrown away from each side of the house. no chair legs being smashed on the windows. the l/n household was eerily quiet.

"maybe it's because i hate him," y/n didn't expect sarcasm to drip off her mouth either.

"don't you dare use sarcasm on us, young lady. who is this man."