🎴ᑎIᑎTEEᑎTᕼ🎴

Start from the beginning

"Well now you know what it feels like when I saved you in the past," the corner of his mouth turned up. "I also liked the distraction technique you used on me. And...Ok I admit, the kick hurts but those are good moves,"

"See, you even fell on the floor, how's that didn't hurt?" she sniggered "I bet you teared up,"

"I didn't," he defended, Jun just raised a brow at him. "Fine, I did but only a little."

"Yeah right," she scoffed, "The tears made you forget that you're the one who mentioned that tactic to me,"

Kakucho suddenly frowned, "I did?" her mouth fell open to his response, "You forgot?"

"No, I thought I only taught that to Takemichi,"

"Uh... oh you didn't teach me that, like you merely brought it up in case I got in trouble."

The two continued to talk normally to each other like nothing disastrous happened. Jun is beginning to let her guard down while having a chat with her now enemy, completely forgetting that he's on her target list.

No matter how many years had passed, her thoughts forced her to recall how she always felt comfortable when talking with him. Not vigilant nor cautious, but comfortable like he's not a criminal.

And she can't stand it. Having a normal conversation with him as if he weren't a part of the group that murdered her team.

After letting herself have a small chat with him, her small smile immediately vanishes, and silence filled the room.

What am I doing? I can't trust him.

Kakucho's eyes traveled down to her neck, searching for any mark or bruise on her, and he felt relieved to see none. He reached out something again from his pocket, "Good thing I have one band-aid with me here today." he was about to apply it on her cheek when she turned her head away and covered it with her hand.

"What do you think you're doing?" she demanded.

"That cut will heal faster if you let me put it,"

She responded irritably, "Why don't you just shove that in your face and stop treating me like I'm helpless."

Kakucho noticed the sudden change of tone of her voice, but he slides it off, "You need it more than I do, now let me just-"

Jun suddenly rose from the bed, "I don't need it, I'm fine now,"

"That cut might get infected if you left it open," he worried.

"And what if it did? Does it matter to you?" she sternly demanded, her once steady voice now icy. "Of course, you don't. Your treatment won't last forever since I'll be dead soon," she answered her own question even before he spoke.

Kakucho's brows knitted, "I don't know where this statement of yours is getting at, but no. You're not going to die."

Suddenly she glared down at him, "And why is that, huh?" she moved closer to him, "You probably act compassionately with me because you want something from me, don't you?

They want something from her. Not him.

He is aware that she won't believe him even if he claims to be excluded from Sanzu's plan for her. The only thing he wants from her is difficult to retrieve. Their bond.

He signed before responding, "There's no point in lying right now," he got up from the bed and stood in front of her. He placed his gloved hands in his pockets and dropped the crumbled band-aid into it.

The amount of height difference they had made Jun look up at him just to pierce her eyes on him, while his gaze bore into her.

Kakucho bends his body down so she can hear him clearly. "Yes, we do want something from you," he stated. He already believed that she won't listen to him if he said that he has no bad intentions for her, so he gave in and include himself in it. "But you're lucky enough to have someone to give you cautions." her glare immediately eased; her brows drawn together instead.

Cautions?

"I won't stop you if you despise me now. You can even beat my ass at the end of the day, but you must listen to me first," he advised in a whisper, stepping a little closer to her. She didn't speak a word. The seriousness in his voice is evident as if this is a life-and death-situation.

His wary gaze casts to the door and a few parts of the room before speaking in a low voice. "You must do whatever they say. No but, no doubt, and especially no no,"

Jun gave him a bewildered and disapproving look, "Huh?" she asked, not that she didn't understand what he meant, but because she can't believe that he was saying that she should just give in easily. "What?"

Kakucho continued, "Whatever happens, do not deny what they offer. I know you're having doubts and you don't even trust me anymore, but I'm doing this for the sake of your sanity. Never say 'no' to them,"

"Why?" This has to be a trap.

He turned his head away from her. "I can't tell you that, I'm not even allowed to say anything to you. The only thing I came here is to lead you to the meeting room as soon as you wake up,"

"No... Why are you telling me this? Why are you giving me warnings? No kidnapper would ever do that," she stressed.

"Don't ask, just do it ok? We have no time already"

"Huh? Bu-"

"We need to go there now," Kakucho interrupted and moved from his position, heading towards the door, "They might get suspicious of what's happening here, especially Sanzu,"

Suddenly, a question came to Jun that made him halt before even touching the doorknob. "What would happen if I said no?" she asked.

The scarred man clenched his jaw and made fists with his hands. Without moving his body, he tilted his head slightly and said, "Believe me, you don't want to know."

He already warned her earlier about the guards, and she didn't listen. This time, he's warning her again, would she listen this time? 

𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 :)