ᴏɴᴇ

i'm a little curious, too~

--

Holy shit. It's my sixth time trying to get people to room with. I didn't really care who I roomed with, or how many people there were, I just needed somewhere to stay. 

I sat in the little cafe by myself sipping my coffee. I hated the taste of it I just thought it would make me look more sophisticated.

 I hated the taste of it I just thought it would make me look more sophisticated

My attention shot up to the door when someone came in. I stared at her, wondering if she was gonna be the one I would room with. She looked around the place, as if she was looking for someone.

"Shane?" I said from my seat. I immediately felt a sense of regret, what if that wasn't even her and I was just calling out a random name. 

The feeling went away when she snapped her head back to look at me. She had messily styled hair but it was kinda cute I guess. She smiled at me kind of awkwardly while walking over and pulling out a chair.

"You must be..." She started to talk, but stopped as if she was thinking. She brought her hand up to her neck and awkwardly stared at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Ricky," taking a small sip of my coffee, I tried to resist my face going sour at the taste but I couldn't help it. It tastes like shit, "do you see a lot of girls like this?"

"Something like that," she said staring at my face and watching it scrunch up every time I took a sip, "you know you don't have to drink stuff you don't like, right?"

My eyebrows raised and I swallowed the last bit. I let out a chuckle and put my cup down.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Oh yeah, I could tell the second I walked in."

"You didn't even see me when you walked in, though," I let out another quiet laugh, maybe she wasn't gonna be awful, "I had to call you by your name."

"Well," she shrugged a little, "Maybe I wanted you to say my name."

I was visibly confused for a second, but then I caught on.

"Wait, you're not looking for like, a sex roommate, right?" I asked nervously, "I mean, I haven't even had sex with a girl before so I don't even think I'd be that good at it."

"Woah, that's up to you, I don't think I needed to hear that," she said smirking at me, I bit the inside of my lip hard to make myself shut up, "I just want someone to help pay rent, that's all. Unless something happens."

The atmosphere quickly got awkward, so I tried to fix it a little.

"Wanna know why I came out here?" I asked, she smirked and nodded her head, "I was trying to get away from my psycho ex."

She raised her brows at me, "You? A psycho boyfriend? What did he do?"

"I'll tell you if..."

"If...?" She lead on the 'f', making it sound more like a question.

"If I get to room with you," She let out a laugh, "I'm serious, it's interesting. I'll even pay for dinner at the house."

She stared at me for a minute, biting the corner of her lip with her brows raised, "You know what? Fuck it, why not?"

"You're serious?" 

"Yeah, just remember, I get to pick dinner."

I laughed a little and watched her grab her keys and sunglasses. My face dropped a little. Oh shit.

"Something wrong, Ricky?" She asked, noticing my expression had fallen.

I let out a nervous giggle and bit my lip, "I took a taxi here, and there's like-"

"I'll drive you home, let's go."

"Are you sure?"

"I have to show you the house anyway, so, let's go," she walked to the door and held it open for me.

It took me a minute to realize what was going on, but then I got up and looked at my coffee. I drank 3 sips max and I don't wanna waste it.

"Uh-uh, leave the coffee," Shane said from the door, "you don't even like it, what's the point?"

I shuffled my way out, still excited that I actually got the place with her, "I don't like wasting certain things."

"Certain things?" She said with a brow raised whilst unlocking the car.

We got into her car and I nodded my head. Holy shit this is surreal.