Chapter 2

Kendra POV

When I went downstairs, something felt off. I looked at everyone one by one. Warren had his face covered with a book. Grandpa Sorenson was looking down, his face grim. Seth was biting his lip, not looking at me. And Grandma Sorenson was sat down, fiddling with her glasses.

"Okay, I can already tell there is something off about you guys. What happened?" Kendra asked, her face concerned, but also stern.

Warren put his book down. "Uh, yeah, you're right, something did happen." He took a deep breath. "Bracken, uh, well, I don't know how to say this, but, he...kinda took off, leaving just a note for his explanation."

My face paled. "What...?" I said, barely above a whisper.

Grandma Sorenson took a piece of paper out of her pocket and wordlessly gave it to me.

On the note, it said:

My brothers and sisters have been kidnapped. I am sorry to all of you, especially Kendra, for this. I am leaving to a secret place in Asia. If you're wondering how I would get there, well, I guess I have my ways. I am truly sorry to all of you.

-Bracken

I could not believe my eyes. Was this actually real? This couldn't be happening. No, no, no. It felt like my stomach was empty, like all the light and happiness was gone from the world. Without a word, I turned and bolted out the door, because I had a plan.

Seth POV

There was an awkward silence after that. "Um, I think that went well." I blurted. Everybody looked at me, not amused. "I-I'll just go follow her now, I guess." Stupid Seth! I thought. Why would you say that? You always say the wrong things in serious situations!

Whatever. I wanna see what she's up to.

Kendra POV

I need to get to him. Now. "Raxtus!" I called. I hope Bracken didn't take the little dragon.

"Huh?" The sound came from the air in front of me, then the air dissolved into Raxtus. "You know, Kendra, I knew you were going to come for me. I mean, I'm the only transport you've got anyway."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, yeah. Also, I should probably bring someone else for a change. I'll go get Seth." I didn't even run five steps before me and Seth collided.

"Owww...." he said, rubbing his head. "That hurt."

"I'm sorry, but follow me. Quick." I answered.

"Okay, Raxtus, do you know where to go?" I checked.

"I sure do!" Raxtus said, wagging his tail.

"Then let's do this." I said confidently.

A/N I'm sorry the last chapter was crappy, I wrote that a while ago.

Also, if anyone wants a word count: 429