Chapter 28 - Beach Day

Start from the beginning

"Since when were we betting?!" I ran after him. This isn't fair, I wasn't even completely ready.

He laughed as he reached the water before me, "You're extremely slow."

"You're extremely unfair. I'm not buying you ice cream."

Maybe I was imagining things. He's acting completely normal right now. Maybe I wanted him to talk to me more?

No, that's definitely not it.

Maybe I was the one being weird.

"How about we make a bet that everyone agrees on," Aya chimes in, "Let's play chicken fight!"

"Ok, whichever team loses has to buy the other team ice cream." Iwaizumi suggests.

"What are the teams then?" I ask. Everyone looks around. I'm not sure what the others were thinking, but I was thinking of what would be more awkward. Me sitting on Iwaizumi, or Oikawa's shoulders. And the best person to partner up with would be Aya.

"Let's draw straws," Aya runs back to the sand, picking up three sticks, "Whoever picks the smallest one is with me."

I prayed that I would get to be with Aya, but Iwa was the one who picked the smallest stick.

Damn, I'm stuck with Oikawa.

I guess this is better than being with Iwaizumi, I already feel so awkward around him. And realistically, the chances of me and Aya winning against the guys- actually, the chances of me winning against anyone in this group, is very low. Sorry, Oikawa, I'm probably a disadvantage.

"You better be stable; I can't win if you aren't." I say, poking Oikawa's arm.

"So, it'll be my fault if we lose, huh? It's alright, I'll make sure we win." He smiles at Iwaizumi.

"Heh, sure you will." Iwa chuckles. Does Oikawa seriously get competitive with everyone?

"You acting like a dickhead makes me want to lose on purpose." I state.

"No, don't do that!" He says.

"Ok, let's start!" Aya claps, getting ready to hop onto Iwaizumi.

"Get on." Oikawa leans over, his body covered by the water only showing his head, making it easier to climb on his shoulders. My face scrunches up into a sour expression before I make any contact with him.

I hope this doesn't take too long.

I place my hands on his back, pushing myself up. His hands wrap around my thighs, holding me in place. I completely forgot that he would have to hold my thighs in this game. This is more awkward than I thought it would be. The game started once Aya counted to three. We grab each other's hands and begin the competition.

The game didn't last long. Aya is stronger than me, so she easily threw me into the water, along with Oikawa. Well, I was fully underwater. Oikawa just stumbled back a little bit.

"What the hell was that?" Oikawa splashes water onto me when I reach the surface.

"Screw you, it's not like you were any help." I reply. Aya and Iwaizumi were still laughing at us. I don't blame them, we probably looked like fools.

"You'll make sure you win, hey?" Iwa teases. Oikawa, being the child he is, sticks his tongue out.

"Y/N, you know what flavour I like, right?" Aya grins.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, yeah. We'll buy you guys' ice cream."

"But before that, we're gonna play some volleyball," Aya leans her arm on Iwaizumi's shoulder, "We'll beat you again!"