One Shot+Fluff {home} 01

Alberto's POV:
I swam as quick as I possibly could. 'I can't be late!' I thought to myself as I tried to speed up. 'Yes! Finally!' I swam into the small house, quickly grabbing the attention of all the people in the room. "Kid? What's wrong?" I caught my breath and quickly spoke. "Luca's coming home today, remember?" The confusion on Luca's parents face's quickly turned to surprise.

"Oh, mother of pearl!" Luca's mom swam out the door and to Portorosso with his dad and grandmother not far behind. I quickly caught up with them, going a little faster than them. We made it to the train station, where dad and Machiavelli was waiting for us. "There you four are. I heard the whistle, so they'll be here any second."

I ran to the end of the platform and began to look for the train. I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Massimo. "Step back a bit, it's not safe to be that close to the tracks." I nodded and stepped back, still looking down the tunnel to where the train would come from. I waited for what felt like forever until I heard a loud whistle.

My breathing quickened and my heart raced with excitement. I couldn't wait to see him! Luca's been gone for nine months after we've met. Thank whoever invented the telephone for creating a way for people to talk when they're far apart. I don't think I could handle not being able to talk to him for nine months.

I heard another whistle, closer, and louder. 'He's almost here!' I began to mess with my hair, clothes, and hat nervously. The train was now really close, there was a light coming from the tunnel, growing until the train emerged from the tunnel. I stepped back a little more and watched as the train cars sped by, slowing down bit by bit until it came to a full stop.

I waited, waited, and waited, then the door to the train car Luca and Giulia were in opened. A few people walked out, some alone, some with their family, others with friends. I tried to look through the windows to see Luca. I couldn't see where he was, so he must've been on the other side. Then, I heard Giulia, and then Luca. 'Luca!'

Giulia came out of the car, bouncing down the steps and hugging dad as soon as she got to him. Luca came out of the car too, getting down the stairs cautiously. His parents rushed to him and hugged him, shortly after, his grandmother. Giulia came over and hugged me. "I heard I have a brother now."

She smiled and I did too. "Yeah, and you gotta deal with me, foreverrrr!" Giulia rolled her eyes and stepped back to dad and petted Machiavelli. Luca and I made eye contact, and before I could move, or say anything, he ran to me and pulled me into a hug. "I missed you so much, Alberto!" I stumbled back a bit, and hugged him back. "I missed you way more, Luca."

I felt a tear fall from my eye and roll down my cheek, turning a streak of my skin to scale, and falling on Luca's shoulder. I whispered under my breath so only Luca could hear me. "I was scared you would've changed your mind about coming back, and leave me." I felt Luca tighten the hug and bury his face into my shoulder, tears making my shirt wet.

"Nothing will ever make me want to leave you."

~END~