Encounter 2 & 3

The gate opened and Daryl walked out with his crossbow in hand . He sighed at the sight of his last cigarette , he'd managed to hold on to this back for 2 weeks, knowing cigarettes weren't easy to find these days .he lit it and made his way through the forest , about 3 miles later he finally saw a dear . Finding food became harder and harder especially while he had to feed more than 50 mouths . at least the crops are starting to sprout he reassured himself as he followed the dear carefully for about one more mile trying to get the best shot when all of a sudden he head a roar . Loud and heavy trotting was coming right his way . He looked around to find some kind of escape and quickly started to climb a tree . He was about 8 feet into a tree when finally he looked down only to see a bear take down the dear he had been hunting for the past mile or so . He looked down waiting for it to eat and leave when he noticed the bear was just sitting looking around , roaring occasionally, not even touching the dead animal .
"Good job Winnie !" He pinched the bridge of his nose and grunted in disbelief . He watched as the black haired woman hopped happily towards the bear . The beast roared back at her " good find honey !" She said as she tossed a blueberry into the bears mouth . He roared back happily if that was even possible, at that point Daryl didn't know what was even possible or impossible anymore.
He watched silently as the small woman struggled to get the dear on her shoulders and walked away , the bear following her every step . Usually he didn't let this kind of thing slip through his fingers , feeding Alexandria was most important to him , yet ... he didn't want to cause any trouble , especially with her , you could say she didn't seem very... people person .
He waited for a while to hear the roars get further and further.He climed down , got a few rabbits and squirrels and went home .
He felt miserable walking in with small pests in his hands knowing that people were expecting a dear  or  a boar . Without a word he dropped the sack of meat of to Carol  and headed to hit the sack . As he closed his eyes and felt Dog curl up at his feet he swore he wouldn't let this kind of shit slide anymore.

***

The next day he was determined to bring home a big meal , the thought of being able to hunt freely without her and her stupid bear around made him sure he wouldn't come home empty handed . She wouldn't be out hunting 2 days in a row , that dear should last her at least a week he thought. He decided to take another path way , a more dangerous one with more walkers but more importantly more wild animals . After walking for a while he saw a boar , silently he followed it and after a short while shot it right through the heart . A small side smile spared on his face as he got close to examine the animal , right as he was about to pick it up he heard heavy trotting. He grunted and quickly climed the nearest tree . The black bear snacked the boar and dragged it around. Daryl watched as his arrow broke.
" hey !" He yelled and shot near the bear , close enough to scare him
" what the hell is wrong with you ?!" The woman yelled as she ran up to the scene .she looked around not being able to localize him
" that's mine !"he called out " your STUPID BEAR keeps attacking my pr-"
"Hey ! Don't you DARE-"she threw her cigarette on the ground and started yelling back into the trees , even after hearing his voice she couldn't see him , the sun was setting and the rays were right into her eyesight
"I LET YOU HAVE THAT DEA-"
" it's full of scratches, it's CLEARLY-"
" I SHOT IT FIRS-"
"WINNIE GOT IT FI-"
For a few minutes they yelled over each other not being able to hear one another until Daryl shot right by her ear . a loud thump fell behind her . She looked only to see a dead walker .
" it's still mine !" She yelled and went to grab the boar. He grunted angrily and quickly climed down , aware of the bears surroundings. He thought that this time he'd finally get a good look at her face since that day at the cabin her face was coverd in wet hair and leaves.
" no way" she chuckled at his words " I let you have that dear yesterday, this is mine!"The woman pretended to think . He noticed the way she kept avoiding showing her face . Looking another way or covering it with her long black hair .
" no " she chuckled and started to drag the boar
" hey !"She grunted as he followed her .
" Winnie!" She called out after the bear  and the animal roared from a distance . Daryl quickly aimed his crossbow the direction the animal was coming from " don't you dare ..." she warned
" give me the boar " he said through his teeth yet her grip tightened " I will do it " he said to her and looked back only to see the bear slowly walking there way
" you won't dare" she smit out .
" let GO !" he warned , seeing she resisted , he shot . The arrow grassed the bears cheek, leaving him a big , visible and bloody scratch. The animal roared with fear and ran some other way .
" you ASSHOLE " she yelled as she let go of the boar and jumped to attack him . The two rolled around the mud fighting for the upper hand , leaving each other small scratches and cuts to remember each other. At some point he  was on top of her finally containing her with a knife at her throat thinking he had the upper hand , that until he felt a slight picking in his gut , he looked down  only to see a knife ready to stab him . They looked at each other and for the first time he saw her face , he uncontrollably smirked .
" what ?!"she asked defensively
" nothing... you just remind me of a friend , he was korean too" He said as he put knife away and got up .
He held out a hand to help her up , even if he didn't thing she would take it she did , yet it wasn't with good intentions, right as she got up she pulled him closer and cut his cheak .he hissed as he pushed back from her .
" an eye for an eye " she stated " and for the record , we don't all look the same you racist redneck"the last part she said lower , more to herself. " you give the boar to me and I'll give you two cigarette cartilages"she said as she fixed her hair over her face like usual
" no way , I let you have that dear yesterday, it's more than enou-"
" you know how much my guys eat ?! Plus that cub ! I got mouths to fee- "
" yeah , me too..." he grunted to himself
" you lied !" She quickly bit back at him and took out a cigarette, she lit it and took a long drag " look " she said calmer this time " we'll split it" Daryl couldn't find a reason not to accept this offer , somehow he knew this was the only way out of this situation.
" fine" he grunted .
The pair turned to look at the dead boar only to see a lonely walker eating out of it .
" great !" She yelled and went to stab it right in  the head .
" this is on you" he said angrily
" how is this my faut-"
" if you wouldn't have started figh-"
" if you wouldn't have shot Winnie!"
" oh stop it , I barely scratched her " the woman's look turned dead serious
" I can't even imagine the fact that you have a group, who would want to stay with someone as rude a-and without empathy a-and ..." she thought for a second " annoying and careless and as you "she said before yelling after Winnie and going her way
" where do you think you're going?!your stupid bear broke my arrow aren't you-" he didn't have the time to finish as he saw  a pack of cigarettes fly towards his head , he grunted in response.
Hours passed and it was almost midnight when Daryl turned up to the gate with two dears dragging behind him . Carol was quick to congratulate him on his catches yet he didn't seem very happy .
In a weird way she motivated him to come back with more then enough .

Hii ! Hope u guys liked this chapter , rly liked writing it :3 VOTE FOR MORE :3