CHAPTER NINE | BATTLE OF STARCOURT, PART II

TW: DEATH, VIOLENCE, TRAUMA, CHILD DEATH, HEAVY GRIEF, THIS CHAPTER IS HEAVY, Y'ALL; PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES, LOVES.

CHAPTER NINETHE BATTLE OF STARCOURTPART II

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

CHAPTER NINE
THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT
PART II

"WE'RE GONNA LIGHT THIS SON OF A BITCH UP." Dot grabbed a handful of fireworks from the back-packs in the back of the wagon. Ellie wasn't sure if she was more shocked at Dot cursing like a sailor or the fact that she was next to explosives for the entirety of the car ride.

"Let's go." Johnathan grabbed a back-pack and flicked his lighter, walking towards the mall.

The teens strutted to the entrance before stopping, looking at the lights going haywire. Steve grabbed Ellie's hand, spinning her around to meet his eyes.

"Look, Ellie, if this goes South, I just want you to get as far away as possible—" his words were cut off with her lips pressing onto his own, for only a split second, before pulling away. It was quite possibly the quickest, softest kiss he's ever had.

"Tell me later," Ellie whispered, flicking the lighter in his face for good luck.

Before stepping in, Ellie turned back to her brother, "stay close, okay? Don't do anything stupid." Lucas nodded, following his sister into the mall, puffing his chest out and ready for battle.

*

"FLAY THIS, you ugly piece of shit!" Lucas screamed, lighting a firework and chucking it towards the monster. Ellie furrowed her brows, wondering if her little brother just didn't hear her orders or if he was deliberately ignoring them. The creature screamed and wailed as glitter and shimmery bombs flew everywhere, banging and popping. It was a hell of a firework show this July fourth, Ellie thought.

"Happy birthday, America!" Ellie screamed, tossing another firework towards the thing and watching as it exploded.

"Yeah! Screw the damn tea! Happy anniversary, bitches!" Quinn squealed as she threw a firework bomb.

"That was an entirely different historical event, but okay!" Robin screamed, following suit.

"Hey asshole!" Steve screamed. Fireworks continued to shoot off all across the mall, booming and echoing throughout the center. Smoky sparks and fire filled Ellie's nose and eyes as she would jump and duck, getting in quite the workout.

Time seemed to stop entirely as she caught a glimpse of a familiar figure, the certain comfort that came with it fleeing Ellie's body.

neapolitan ice cream | steve harringtonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें