I gave a last glance around the room to be sure there were no cameras, not that I could smell any electronics anyway, before shifting to my human form. The transformation was more painful than it should have been, but that's what happens when you aren't active in a form for too long. I stayed sitting on the floor for a few more moments to let myself adjust to my legs.

I began to stand, hearing the popping of my sore joints, before looking into the mirror at myself. I could barely register that the person I was looking at was really me. My eyes were dull, with dark hollows under them, my face was streaked with dirt, along with my hair and body. There were some scrapes and bruises across my body, along with the numerous scars from my years in captivity. I tugged off the tattered shirt and underwear I had been wearing for months now. I knew that I must smell horribly, so, peeling my eyes from the mirror, I went and turned the shower on. Kicking my clothes to the side, I stepped into the warm stream of water.

It was almost like stepping into heaven. The warmth soothing the soreness all over me, while I watched the dark water pour off of my body.

I turned the water temperature to nearly sizzling, and I was loving it, hot water, or even warm, had never been one of my privileges. After standing there, soaking in the heat for some time I grabbed a washcloth from a shelf, putting some of the soap already in the shower onto it. I scrubbed and scrubbed until my skin was red, I had forgotten what it was like to feel clean. Hygiene isn't exactly a top priority when running for you life.

After thoroughly washing my body and hair multiple times I was satisfied. I finished, turning off the water and stepping out, looking around, I spotted a pile of folded grey towels. Grabbing one, I began drying off, suddenly feeling the need to hurry.

Then I heard the sound of a door closing, Loki's bedroom door. I sniffed the air, and listened closely  to try and identify the intruder. A slight feeling of relief ran through me when I recognized the scent as that of Loki, though I wasn't sure why. Finishing drying my hair, I realized just how matted the ends had become, so I dug through the cupboards looking for scissors, or a comb atleast.

Luckily I was able to find both, first going in with the comb to brush the mats toward the ends of my hair, then I went in with the scissors and hacked off about 6 inches. It wasn't my best work, but it would have to do for now. I also located a new toothbrush and paste while searching, so I scrubbed my sharp teeth clean as well.

"Cora? Are you out of the shower? Would you like some food, I brought eggs and bacon?" I heard Loki call through the door. Then I felt him try and intrude on my mind again, so I used as much power as I could manage to put up a wall around my mindspace.

"I'll have to insist that you come out to eat breakfast now love." He said. Him calling me love sent a tiny tingle down my spine, but I immediately shook off the feeling. He was not my friend, I had to remind myself.

I decided to humor him, knowing that it wasn't likely that he would just leave me alone in here, so I shifted to my wolf form, which would usually take little energy, but that damned collar made it feel like I had instead chosen a dragon to shift to.

Forgetting that I couldn't exactly open doors with my paws in this form I began to paw lightly at the door after flicking the lock open with my nose. Loki must of taken the hint as he opened the door and stood to the side for me to pass.

3rd person pov:

Loki opened the door and watched Cora slowly pad out, he was surprised to see how shiny her dark fur was, even her eyes seemed brighter.

Cora sat by the door and sniffed at the food sitting on Loki's desk, she was terribly hungry but wouldn't dare take anything without being given permission.

"Would you like to eat now? We'll have to head down to the lab to see Banner and Tony soon." Loki said, grabbing one of the plates of food and moving it to the floor.

Cora tensed at the thought of seeing Tony, the anger inside her paired with her instincts made it hard to not want to rip off his head, but she new how that would end. She glanced at the clock near the wall, 9:10am, Loki said we had to be down by 9:30 right?

"You have plenty of time to eat, so please?" Loki said, gesturing to the plate on the floor.

Cora stood and inspected the food, she didn't know what it was. She could tell that it came from an animal, but she had never been served anything like it before. She didn't give much more thought to it when she saw Loki eating his, so she dug in, and boy was it good! She licked the plate clean and looked back up at Loki, who had not even eaten half of his yet.

Whining quietly, Cora used her eyes to beg for more, something she remembered doing, but not where or when. The edges of the Asgardian's mouth turned up slightly as he realized what she wanted.

"I'll have to ask Stark to add more bacon to the shopping list." He joked, putting his plate down and letting Cora gulp down the rest of the food on it.

She looked up, tail moving slightly in appreciation. Then Loki said that they had to head to the lab, which immediately made the slight movement in her tail stop, her eyes hardened and her muscles tensed once more. Loki knew it wasn't likely that this would go smoothly, but Stark's orders were usually not to be disobeyed.

-NOT REALLY A CLIFFHANGER, CLIFFHANGER!-

(love u guys<3)