Crack in the Sidewalk

[TW: Abuse and "gore" descriptions.]

Ponyboy didn't even know what to think of himself. He had been feeling sick all day and night. Ponyboy was supposed to go see Curly today for their "date". Mentally Pony called it "Operation: Pocket Knife". This was because although Johnny would be there in the background, he was still bringing a pocket knife with him for protection.

It was nothing compared to the blades the rest of the gang had. They all had actual switch blades. Pony didn't like weapons, so he just took whatever was left in a kitchen drawer. There were a couple in there from when people in the gang needed a back up. Or it was from when they upgraded to switch blades.

They were interesting to look at. Most of them had been gifts from Two-Bit. Which meant yes, most of them were stolen. Ponyboy didn't mind that too much after a while. He used to hate it because he was afraid Two-Bit would get hauled off. Which would affect him because Keith and Darrel had been dating since the dawn of time. That's how it felt for Ponyboy, at least.

God, Ponyboy wished he didn't have to go. He hated his boyfriend and just wanted to run away with his new boyfriend, Johnny. Johnny was his everything... Curly was just a monster haunting his nightmares. Ponyboy hated how his dreams made it out to where Pony was the nightmare and Curly was the victim.

Talk about victim blaming.

Ponyboy checked and double checked that he had everything he needed. Pony slowly rubbed his stomach, it felt like it was cramping more than usual for him. Was he just sick from all the stress? Yeah, probably.

Ponyboy went and picked up his phone to check it. Curly would be here any minute to pick him up. He decided to send Johnny a quick message before he went on.

Sun_n_moon999: Hey babe. Curly will be here soon. Are you already there?

xpuppy_johnx: Yeah, I just got here. I paid and I'm inside now. Might as well see something while I'm waiting.

Sun_n_moon999: Sounds good, I just wanted to check in.

xpuppy_johnx: are u nervous?

Sun_n_moon999: Literally shaking, but I'll be fine :)))

xpuppy_johnx: I'm sorry :( I hope I can make it up to you tonight.

Sun_n_moon999: Counting on it.

Sent at 5:50pm

Ponyboy rubbed his stomach to make it calm down. He was shaking from the nerves. He wandered out into the living room, waiting by the door. He frowned as he saw Curly pull up.

Plans had changed.

Ponyboy made sure he had all of his things one more time. He walked out onto the porch and walked towards all of the car. Curly honked the horn, indicating that he wanted Pony to hurry. Pony quickly got into the vehicle.

"Hey babe." Pony said softly. He smiled at the other male. He cringed and looked away, though. He didn't like looking at Curly. All he could manage to see was that dead body from his dream. He hated it so much.

"Hey." He said blandly. Curly wasn't interested. He hated talking while driving. He was like a stern dad that would take you home from work and would rather listen to nothing rather than your voice. Ponyboy hated it, but he stayed quiet.

"How was your day?" Ponyboy asked. He was looking at the other male as he drove.

"Fine." Curly said.

Ponyboy stopped trying to talk after that. He knew it was getting virtually nowhere with the other male.

...