A big boost of confidence was needed

Start from the beginning

When we finally got to the next class, Xiao let go of my hand and smiled. "Sorry for that, didn't want you to accidentally get lost." I smiled back. "I-It's al-.. Alright." He nodded. "Well, Ill see you after this lesson? Or... Why don't you sit next to me?" I can feel my body tense up. My crush just asked me to sit next to him... I should say yes... But wait, what if I fuck something up? No, I can't... But it may be my only chance... Ugh, what am I doing... "Y-Yeah, Ok-kay."

I followed him to his seat and sat next to him. Then it donned on me... "W- Wait, Do-Doesn-" "Nope, she's so annoying that Ill be glad if you sit here" I smile and feel a blush as I try to cover my face. Instead of answering I just nod and prepare for the next lesson. The teacher came to the class and started talking stuff about... I honestly don't even know, what lesson do we have right now? I looked at the timetable and found out we have Math, woops, I prepared for Physics. I quickly swapped my stuff with Math, Then I hear a quiet chuckle next to me. I turn to look at Xiao as he stops chuckling and I look at him confused. He just points to my stuff, and I finally figure it out. He noticed me having the wrong notebook. Really? Is it that funny? I mean, I do feel like an idiot, but it's not that funny, right?

After that happened, the rest of the day was normal, except Xiao pretty much making me feel really awkward the whole school day. When the last lesson finally ended, I took my stuff, quickly waved at Xiao, "Bye" left my mouth, and I started leaving. When I get out of the school, I notice my sister waiting there, so I head towards her. She notices me and waves. "Hey Lu." I say, my voice still a bit shaken from Xiao today. "Hey Aether. How was school?" My cheeks slightly light up with bright red as I think of what to answer. "Uh... Ill tell you home, but now we should go before-" My phone dinged with a message. "Who was that?" I grab my sister's hand, heading towards home, my head away from her look, my cheeks literally shining red.

"Fine, geez, I understand, you can let go." I hear Lumine chuckling at my behavior. I stop and let go of her hand. "Thanks. Now, talk." I look at her and nod in disagreement. "I said when we get home." Lumine grunted but agreed and so we both continued walking home, until we reached it. I unlocked the main door and went inside, Lumine right after me. I went to my room and dropped my bag next to my bed. "Well, start talking" I quickly turn around, getting goose bumps, just to see Lumine. "Geez, stop scaring me" She pretends to be sad. "Im sowwy, are you okay?" She chuckles and I sit down onto my bed, just to hear my phone ding again. I look to see three messages from Xiao. "Ooooh, you finally did something with your life?" Lumine said, looking into my phone. "I... I didn't. It just happened way too fast." Lumine nodded and encouraged me to continue. "He just kind of talked to me after the first lesson, saying that he noticed I'm always lost and can't find our next class. So he asked if I need help.. Hehe" I say, feeling my cheeks getting warmer. "And? What did happen next?" Lumine asked. "I agreed, so he helped me get to the next class, where he asked me if I want to sit with him, so that I don't get lost... And I agreed." She squeals. "Finally-" I stop her in before the words left her mouth. "I am not trying anything. He asked if I need help, so I agreed. Nothing else, okay?" Lumine smirks. "Yeeaaaah, I believe you brooo... Now, what did he type you?" She says as she steals my phone and reads his messages. "H-Hey, that's mine." I say, taking the phone back and reading the messages.

"Hey Aether. It's Xiao, thanks for sitting with me today."

"Want to hang out sometimes?"

"Sorry, am I asking too much? I started noticing you not really talking to people."

I smiled slightly and answered.

"Hi. No worries. Thanks for being my guide today."

"Will you hang out with him?" Lumine asked me and I looked at her. "No. I had trouble even thanking him, let alone hanging out with him." She smiles and pats me on the back. "Just take it slow, you two will be able to talk normally soon enough." I chuckled. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. You go now, this is my room.". My sister got up and left, while I turned to talk to the reader again.