Fourth

In which, a young professor lulls his darling to sleep

Welcome to another episode of "Things that I'd like to happen to me, but won't, so I wrote them down"

⚠️No warnings, 100% fluff⚠️

Your body gently slipped off of his strong arms, sinking into the mattress as he laid you carefully on your bed, almost as if you were a fragile piece of porcelain

Your body gently slipped off of his strong arms, sinking into the mattress as he laid you carefully on your bed, almost as if you were a fragile piece of porcelain. Whenever you fell asleep on his study, William would be more than happy to carry you to your bedroom with what seemed to be no effort at all.
He covered you in the fluffy blankets, making sure you were warm and comfortable, then, with a satisfied and content sigh, he approached the door, but, just when his palm touched the doorknob, your little voice stopped him.
"Willy?" You whispered, the young man quickly turned around. "Darling? I thought you were sleeping" William replied, a gentle smile on his lips as he walked back at your laying figure. You shifted on your side when he settled on the edge of the bed, to face him better, William cupped gently your cheek and brushed it softly with his thumb. You closed your eyes and leaned into his warmth, his calming and soothing presence lulling you in a state of relaxation. "Willy..." You spoke quietly, your voice almost equal to a breath, "Don't leave me. Stay here" you plead, grasping the hand he had placed on your face. William sighed and laid small, soft kisses on your face "Of course, my dearest. I'll stay as much as you'd like" He responded, softly lifting the blankets to slip under them, by your side. As soon as he rested his body on the matress, he opened widely his arms, allowing you to crawl into his welcoming and warm embrace, he enveloped your smaller form in his strong arms with pure affection and love. Lightly stroking your back, he placed kisses on the top of your head and whispered sweetly directly to your ear "Here... I'm right here darling", his slim fingers gently pet your hair, "I'll be watching over you. Go to sleep"
After a long period of silence, William rose his head to take a better look at you, noticing with great satisfaction that your eyes were shut, eyebrows relaxed and lips slightly parted. Your breaths were deeper, and even, and William smiled to himself, pleased to see his lady peacefully sleeping pressed against his chest.
William chose not to move a single inch, and hold you tightly untill dawn, or possibly, until he himself gave into sleep.
"Sweet dreams, my love"