𝟬𝟭𝟭 another side that you don't know

Start from the beginning

She wrapped his hair into a bun at the back, finishing the hairstyle off. Robby turned back around to her. Nadia frowned at him. "We may not have a lot of things they have, but there is something that none of them have that we do."

"And what's that?"

"We were taught by an All-Valley champion," She answered. "Cobra Kai was, too, but that's besides the point, okay? The point is, we've come too far to lose. Plus, a team of ten amateurs have nothing against a team of two professionals."

"Not bad," Robby complimented, tilting his head.

"Thanks, made that one up just now."

Time passed pretty quickly, and before they knew it, all teams had to come out to the floor for the official start of the tournament. Every team was there. Every team except Cobra Kai.

Nadia brushed it off, deciding that dwelling on the opponent would do her more harm than good.

The host continued to introduce every team, and all of them had an equal amount of applause, although some parents cheered louder than others.

"From Reseda, returning to the tournament, we have-"

He was interrupted by the continuous 'Cobra Kai' chants that only became louder as they made their way to the mat. The crowd ate it up like food, applause and cheers roaring from them louder than they had done for anybody else.

"Assholes," Robby muttered, getting a snort out of Nadia.

The smile was still evident on her face when she locked eyes with Miguel. His words from a few days ago reappeared in her mind, making her avert her gaze coldly.

"And finally, fighting unaffiliated, we have Robby Keene and Nadia Hayworthe."

Daniel seemed to finally noticed his students who he turned his back on were there, and of course, he looked confused. Neither of them let it phase them, as they had bigger things to worry about.

"Get ready, it's karate time." The host made one final statement to get the crowd hype.

✭ ✭ ✭

Nadia hadn't actually been in a tournament since she moved from Atlanta, and there was a reason why.

The whole point of moving away was to leave her past behind, which meant leaving karate behind. But anyone who believed that she could ever truly move on from something that she had been doing since she was little would be stupid.

She got back into karate quicker than anybody thought she would've. Joining Miyagi-Do was something she didn't regret, but entering a tournament so soon wasn't the best idea. Still, Nadia held the mindset that she'd be okay. Despite working all the time, her mom found a way to make it to the tournament, along with her sister. She didn't want to disappoint them again.

She only had to fight two people before advancing to the semi-finals, fortunately. The first one was some amateur from Topanga karate. He underestimated her simply because she was a girl. That was a mistake on his part, clearly. She won the match 3-0, and she didn't even have to try.

The second match, however, no Nadia knew would be a struggle for her. Most of the time, she didn't know her opponents, but with Cobra Kai in the picture, she was perfectly aware that she'd have to fight people she was familiar with.