🎀 Chapter 1 🎀

Start from the beginning

"Tae, what are you doing here?" You asked once you were at the farther part of the store.

"Who was the guy?" He didn't answer your question but topped it with one of his own.

"He.. umm" you didn't know how to answer him.

"Who's the guy, baby?" He walked towards your and tucked at your hair strand, touching your cheek with the back of his hand. A hot sensation surged throughout your body when his warm skin came in contact with your ice cold one.

"He's my.. he's.. I'm…" you coydlnt form words. You had to tell him now. It was now or never. "He's my husband" there. You said it.

His hand droped back from your face. The hair tangling from your face which was earlier wrapped up in Taehyung's long fingers. He took a step back "Husband?" He questioned.

"He came here for some work?" You added. It was true. Your husband, Mark was in the city to finalise some papers. Your divorce papers. It came as a shock to you as well when Mark came out to you for cheating behind your back and sleeping with one of his friends from office. He was homosexual all this time and never told you before. He was forced into marrying you and due to family pressure, he never told you the truth.

After finding out how much he loved the other guy, you couldn't come in between the two. Moreover, you were yourself cheating on him and guilt was eating you alive. You were unaware but you've started falling in love with some other guy as well. The other guy being Taehyung.

You told Mark about him. He was shocked but understood everything being on the same boat himself. You wanted to set Mark free of the forced marriage and so you decided to mutually end the relationship with him. And so, he was here in the city to finalise the remaining formalities.

Ofcourse, Taehyung didn't know any of that. So the frown over his brows was expected. "What papers?" He asked. He was trying his hardest to remain calm but unfortunately, it wanst working very well for him.

"Our divorce papers" you answered his question. The silence that followed the statement was too heavy between the two of you. 

"When were you going to tell me you had a ring on your finger?" He asked again after a minute. "Or were you ever going to tell me about any of this?" He pointed towards the direction Mark walked to. His voice was laced with hurt and something else you couldn't decipher.

"Of course I was" you said. You were going to come clean to him. The fact that you were falling in love with him was enough reason to not hide the truth from him anymore. No matter the consequences.

"Really? When exactly?? When I would get head over heels for you? Or when I would ask you to meet my parents? When exactly were you planning on telling me about your marriage? Oh my god! You're.." he started hyperventilating. Everything was too much for him to handle as much as it was for you.

"No Tae. Come-on listen to me. I was going to tell you everything tomorrow. I wanted to settle things with him first" you were at complete loss of words. How the events unfold wasn't what you expected and honestly, you were acted of his reaction.

"Tomorrow? There's no tomorrow YN" he said. He called you by your name. He's never done that before and you knew he was pissed.

"You've been married all this time you were fucking me!! You could have told me the first time. Or the second or the dozen other nights you were in my bed. Everyday would have worked" he added furiously. He was right. You could have told him. You should have but you didn't.

"I'm so sorry Tae. I wanted to tell you but.." you said and looked down at your feet. "But what YN?" He asked angrier than before. "Give me one good reason"

"I was scared" you said in a low voice. He furrowned his brows. His beautiful face morphing into a confused one. "Scared of what?" He said in a low voice only for your ears.

"Exactly this" you said looking between you and him. "Of loosing you. Scared of your reaction. I know I'm in the wrong here. I should have told you everything at the start but i couldn't. I was never in this marriage with Mark. Never wanted him as my husband. My parents did this. I couldn't deny" you told him.

You and Mark married under very unfortunate circumstances. His father was almost on his death bed when he asked your father and his best friend to get you and his son married. For your family's sake, you agreed. It was after meeting Taehyung did you realised what a  grave mistake you made.

The marriage was loveless ofcourse but there wasn't even a fully satisfied sexual aspect. Both you and Mark were married just for name. On paper.

"Even if your parents did this, you could have thought about that guy" he absent mindedly pointed in the same direction Mark went to "You shouldn't have played with his heart like that. And neither with me" he was on the verge of breaking down.

"She never did" a new voice came from behind. Both Taehyung and you started your eyes towards the new person only to find none other than your husband, Mark.

"She never played with me. We never thought we were married. There were a few times when we decided to give into it and try to do..it but it never worked" he said. You told Mark about you and Taehyung when he told you about Todd. He was very happy you found someone you felt happy with.

Taehyung was confused now and Mark understood the confusion so he added "I'm gay"

The words were out of his mouth and Taehyung's eyes went wide. He looked between you and then him and then back at you. You nod your head in affirmation. "She's told me a lot about you Mr. Kim. It was so nice seeing you personally. You're exactly what she described as. Handsome as hell" Mark complimented Taehyung.

But Taehyung was still not over what you did to him. Truth be told, he had fallen head over heels for you just like he said. Any amount of rules or arrangements to not fall in love can't stop a heart to choose what it wants. This was not a fanfiction where everything goes as written. It was his life and there is no such thing as friends with benefits without falling in love.

He was a stupid when he thought he could go on being your fluffer without falling for you. But how you kept a life altering secret from him and kept the relationship going was a lot worse than anything he's ever experienced. He couldn't let it go. Even though you had every reason or even though your marriage was just on paper, he couldn't let go of the thought of you keeping it from him.

"I'm so sorry Tae. I should have told you but I didn't. I'm so sorry" tears were about to fall off your eyes as they were looming around your lashes. You had no idea when you fell for him to such an extent.

"I can't say it's alright YN when I know it isn't" he said. He needed time to take it all in. He needed as much time as he could get to see things with a new light. He can't let you go but he can't be with you either.

"Don't hate me please" you pleaded, holding his hand when he didn't even spare a glance at you. You know you've lost him. You've lost the guy you fell madly in love with and there is nothing you can do to change that.

"I don't hate you. I can never hate you" he said, wiping your tears with the pad of his thumb. "I just can't wrap my head around this,"  he added.

"I need time YN" he said looking between the two of you. He really did need time to sort out his mess. He needed you to be with him. "I'm sorry" he didn't say anything else and just walked back out of the store. Without looking back at you. You cried on the floor. Mark consoled you at his best. He can understand what you were going through and he really wished he could help you.

After a few more minutes, you calmed yourself and got the things you needed. Mark paid for them and drove both of you back to your apartment. He stayed there for another week where you finalized the divorce papers.

Taehyung didn't contact you for the rest of the week. He managed the hospital shifts so he didn't have to face you. You knew he was in the building but he was never in your vicinity. It hurt like hell to not see him, talk to him, kiss him.

Your divorce was final. You were single once again and Mark approached his best friend back home. You and him stayed friends after everything went down. The two were so cute together on Instagram. You missed Taehyung. Missed his warmth. His body. His kisses and his love. But just like he asked, you gave him all the time he needed.

Afterall, love is patience.