The Grinch Night Ball

"Uh, kids? Would you care to tell me again why we have to bring this old thing down for the Grinch Night Ball?" Bricklebaum asked as he pulled on the wagon. Strange noises could be heard from inside; no one knew what was inside the mysterious wagon, and he was sure that no one wanted to find out.

"Mr. Grinch wanted us to bring it, but he wants it kept outside until the time is right." Cindy-Lou said. "It's all part of the plan."

"Are you sure this plan is gonna work?" Euchariah asked nervously. "What if—"

"He said it's foolproof, dude." Ozzy said. "After what he told us, it'll work. You'll see."

"I hope you're right." Euchariah muttered.

"Okay, now where did Mr. Grinch say he wanted this again?" Bricklebaum asked.

"I think he said to hide it near town hall." Cindy replied.

"There's a back door somewhere. I just hope the wagon would fit." Izzy added.

"Found it!" Ozzy called out from behind town hall.

"Great! Now let's get this thing into place. Gimme a hand, kids?" Bricklebaum said, pulling the wagon towards the back of the town hall; the six children ran to the back of the wagon and started to push on it with all their might.

0-0-0-0-0-0

Halloween night finally came and all of Whoville was as excited as could be for the Grinch Night Ball. Town hall and the rest of the town were decorated just for the occasion: there were streamers and balloons in orange, black, and green, ghost, skeleton, spider, and bat cutouts were strung about as garlands, lights in purple, green, and orange were flashing here and there, and lit jack-o-lanterns with funny and frightening faces were lining the streets and sidewalks leading to the town square.

At the stroke of sunset, the clock tower began to strike the hour of six o'clock as the wind slowly started to pick up; the Grinch Night Ball was about to begin.

"Come on, mom! We don't wanna be late!" Cindy called as she and Donna made their way through the streets of town.

"Cindy-Lou, slow down!" Donna said as she pushed Buster and Bean's stroller along.

The little family had just finished their trick-or-treating and they were now on their way to the Grinch Night Ball with their filled candy bags in tow. Cindy-Lou was dressed as an angel while Buster and Bean were dressed as cute little spiders and Donna even dressed as a witch for the occasion.

"But it's almost time for the Grinch Night Ball!" Cindy exclaimed as she spotted her friends approaching. She grinned and ran over to them. "Guys, there you are!"

"Hey, Cindy-Lou! Wow, awesome costume!" Groopert happily cried.

"Thanks. You guys look great, too." She replied with a smile.

Groopert was dressed as a creepy ventriloquist puppet, Izzy was dressed as a mummy, Axl was dressed as a skeleton, and Ozzy was dressed as a demon. But then Cindy realized someone was missing.

"Wait, where's Euchariah?" She asked.

"Oh, he said he was gonna meet us at town hall with his family after tick-or-treating." Ozzy said.

"Yeah, he'll be here soon." Axl added.

"Then what are we waiting for? Come on!" Cindy cried as she and her friends started running to town hall.

"Hey, wait for me!" Donna called, going after them and still pushing the stroller.

By the time they all arrived at town hall, they couldn't believe their eyes. The main hall was decorated with streamers, balloons, and banners in orange, purple, black, and green, the hall was lit only by candles lining the walls, there was a huge buffet table with all sorts of Halloween treats and sweets, and there was even a stage with a band. Guests, both great and small, were dressed in all sorts of costumes had already started piling in; this was going to be the best Halloween ever.