A Visitor

"Another week of school gone by." Martha May said to herself as she packed up her things. "Don't wanna be late. Grinch is waiting for me back home." The redheaded Who put on her apple red jacket, flung her bag over her shoulder, and smiled, eager to get home to her loving husband.

She exited the school and took in a calming breath, a big smile on her face. "Ah, fresh air."

"Hi, Miss May!" A set of familiar young voices exclaimed.

Martha turned her head and was pleasantly surprised to see Cindy-Lou Who and her friends standing before her. She smiled down at them.

"Hi, kids." She greeted. "How was your day today?"

"Great!" Cindy said. "We even made a new friend!"

"And who is this new friend?"

"He's right here."

That was when a little boy with messy brown hair, wearing a bright orange shirt, and think glasses shyly stepped forward.

"Hello." The little boy said, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Why hello. And what's your name?" Martha kindly asked.

"Euchariah Who, ma'am." He answered.

"It's very nice to meet you, Euchariah." She smiled and offered her hand to the boy; he shyly shook it.

"It's nice to meet you, too." He said.

Martha was so distracted talking to the children that she didn't even notice someone approaching her from behind. Then all of a sudden, she felt someone grab her shoulders and she cried out in surprise, dropping her bag in the process. She turned around and saw a man with black hair, deep brown eyes, and wearing a white shirt, a leather jacket, jeans, and biker boots standing before her. He smirked at her.

"Remember me?" He asked.

Martha's eyes widened and she nearly gasped; she knew this man, but she hadn't seen him in years.

"...Uncle Wilbur?! W-w-what?! What are you doing here?! You scared me!" She stammered, taking a few deep breaths.

"What can I say? I'm a scary guy." The man, now dubbed Uncle Wilbur, replied with a mischievous smile.

Martha rolled her eyes. 'Oh brother...'

"So Martha May, my little gem, my little bird, my little Mayflower. How's life treating you these days? Good news to report? Anything new? Come on, hon; thrill me, chill me." Wilbur said.

"Um... why so interested?" Martha asked.

"Come on, can't a man just ask about his favorite niece?" Wilbur asked; Martha sighed and tried not to roll her eyes this time.

"Miss May? Who's this guy?" Groopert asked.

Wilbur turned his head to see the six Who children in front of him. He turned back to Martha. "So you became a teacher after all, huh? Good for you, Mayflower."

"Uh, thanks." Martha said, bending down to pick up her bag; she flung it back over her shoulder.

"Miss May? Aren't you gonna introduce us or what?" Axl asked.

"Sorry kids, but... maybe some other time. I gotta go." Martha answered before starting to walk away.

"What? Go? Hey, Martha! Mayflower, come on! Don't con a con man!" Wilbur said, chasing after the young woman and wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

Martha let out a sigh and removed her uncle's arm from her shoulder. "I'm not conning anybody. I'm sorry, uncle. I'd love to catch up with you, really; but I don't really have the time. I've had something of a long day and I have to get home soon. Plus, I'm not exactly in the best mood today."