A Fresh Start

C'mon, My! Answer my calls!

-K

Maya turned her phone off. She had 3 missed calls from Camille, 10 missed calls from Kendall, and 2 missed calls from Andrew.

Maya had been fine until the 2 missed calls from Andrew. He had called her the day before and left a voicemail continuing to point out "evidence" about why he thought her and Kendall were together. Then he called again in the middle of the night and left a voicemail about how she should quit pursuing acting since she's one of the worst actresses he's ever seen.

Maya tried not to let the voicemails get to her, but she couldn't help it. As much as Maya still wanted to pursue acting, she couldn't help but doubt her decision to give it another shot. How many times could she get face rejection and get back on the saddle? 

So, what was Maya's plan for the day? Lie in her bed and sulk. Everyone would think it was because of her first break up, and it technically was since he was being such a jerk. But ultimately, she was having a crisis. To act or not to act?

Maya rolled back over to go back to sleep when Gustavo barged into her room and pulled the blankets off of her. 

"Maya!" Gustavo yelled causing Maya to leap out of bed. 

"Dad!" Maya groaned, "What?"

"You will not sulk in your bed all day because of some boy. Get up. You're spending the day at the studio with me."

"Daaaaaad. I don't want too."

"Too bad. It's Jordin Sparks Day anyways, and you have to help me keep the boys away from her."

Maya sighed, "You're using my love for Jordin Sparks against me, and I don't appreciate it."

"I'll do whatever it takes to get you out of this bed," Gustavo laughed as he walked out of her room, "We leave in 5!"

Maya rolled her eyes, got ready, and her and her dad were on their way to the studio. 

About an hour later, Maya found herself listening to Jordin sing with her dad and another producer. When Jordin was done, the boys appeared out of no where and began cheering causing Maya to jump. 

Maya quickly ushered the boys into her dad's office, where she knew Freight Train was, and waited for her dad to come.

"Freight Train's squeezing us," Kendall complained. 

"This is our big present, Maya?" James yelled.

Just then, Gustavo walked in and shut the door, "I want you nowhere near Jordin Sparks."

Freight Train released the boys as Carlos asked, "What? Why?"

"Because you're bad luck and destroy everything you touch."

"What?" Logan scoffed, "That is so not true." Logan leaned back onto Gustavo's desk, causing it to break. "Sorry."

"Jordin and her team picked me to produce her new song over every producer in this town cause word on the street is Gustavo Rocque is back. Now, Jordin is staying at the Palm Woods which means if she is by the pool, I want Bad Luck Rush to be in the lobby! And, I've asked Maya to make sure that you boys stay away from her since Maya loves Jordin Sparks and also needs a distraction for the day."

The boys all gave Maya sad, sympathetic looks assuming what she was upset about was her break up since they didn't know that Andrew was still harassing her. 

"I don't need the pity, boys," Maya smiled, "I'm fine, but I will be watching you all very closely to make sure that Jordin is able to focus on her new song."