"But my mom always told me to never go over there!" Cindy exclaimed.

"Come on, guys! Where's your sense of adventure?"

Euchariah picked up his flashlight and ran towards the house; Cindy looked at her friends who all had uneasy looks on their faces. After a few moments, they all grabbed their own flashlights and ran after him. When they arrived at the house, they saw Euchariah gawking up at it with a thousand yard stare. The house itself was an ordinary looking two story house with yellow walls, a tan colored roof, a chimney, an attached garage, and it was surrounded by a black wire fence.

"Uh, Euchariah?" Ozzy asked, shaking his shoulder.

"You okay, dude?" Groopert asked, waving a hand in front of his eyes.

"What are you looking at?" Axl asked.

"THIS is the house from your story?" Euchariah asked after a moment.

"Yeah, so?" Cindy asked.

"I've seen this before." The little Who in orange said.

"What?" Izzy asked.

Before Euchariah could answer, a light suddenly turned on in the house, illuminating all of the first story windows. The six children were so surprised that they hid themselves behind a wall of the house.

"What was that?" Axl asked.

"Cindy, I thought you said this house was abandoned for decades." Izzy whispered.

"It was! At least I thought it was." Cindy-Lou hissed.

"Shush! Somebody's coming!" Groopert said as everyone went quiet.

That was when they heard footsteps crunching on fallen leaves approach the front door. After a moment of silence, they heard someone knock at the door. The six Who children slowly poked their heads out to see who had just arrived at the house. When the door opened and the light from inside poured out into the dark world outside, they were shocked by what they saw.

"Wilbur, there you are." A new voice said from inside the house.

"Sorry I'm late. I was... looking for something decent to wear for the Grinch Night Ball." Wilbur said.

"Well... never mind. Get in here." The voice said as a hand reached out, grabbed Wilbur's wrist, and pulled him into the house.

The door closed with a loud slam, causing the young Whos to jump out of their skin.

"Wasn't that Miss May's uncle?" Groopert asked.

"Sure looked like him." Izzy replied.

"What's he doing here?" Axl asked.

"And who was he talking to?" Ozzy asked.

"Guys, shush!" Euchariah hissed before pointing to an open window above them.

"Are you sure you weren't followed?" The voice asked; it sounded feminine.

"Yes, I'm sure. Besides, who in the right mind would follow me out here at this hour?" Wilbur's voice retorted. "Everyone thinks this house is haunted anyway."

"Oh! That must be why you got such a good deal on it, Constance." A third voice commented.

"Shut up, Dallas." Constance argued.

"Dallas?!" Cindy cried before Euchariah covered her mouth with his hands.

"What was that?" Dallas asked.

The kids quickly turned off their flashlights as they heard slow footsteps approach the window. Then after a moment, the window suddenly slammed shut; Constance turned to Dallas and Wilbur.