05

I regained consciousness about 5 minutes ago, but here i still lay on the cold wooden floor of Matt's room.

Still starting up at the ceiling i think over everything that was said in the letter.

*flashback*

' To Mr. and Mrs. Browden'

Dear Matt,

I've been informed that my daughter, Annalise, is in your care.

I would like to thank you for taking care of her family for the past couple of years but you are to return her to me within a week of you receiving this letter, and if this isn't fulfilled expect to not get out of this alive.

This is not a threat but a promise.

Armando Salvatore Romano.

I couldn't help but notice that this letter was dated over a year ago.

*Back to the present*

After a while i realised i can't just be sitting here incase Matt came back early.

As I stood up certain things started to make sense to me, why we moved house so quickly, why I wasn't aloud to go out except from school. It was all done to hide from him - my apparent biological father.

I walked out the room downstairs to get some water. All this thinking was making my head hurt.

As i sat down on the sofa a notification was heard coming from my phone.

'STREET RACE TODAY AT 23:00. Can you make it'

I was planning to run away when i turned 18 so i do need the money.

I typed back a quick reply saying i could make it.

I lay back on the sofa for a while until i got bored of the silence.

I went up to the attic and moved my "bed" revealing some books wine and alcohol.

Drunk reading. what a locket thing to pass time.

Drinking straight from the bottle i took a big gulp letting the burning liquid go down my throat.

Picking up the book 'me before you' i started to read taking sips of the wine every few pages.

Slowly i passed out on my mattres.

•••

New Chapter 💀💀

I need to acc start updating now