Faking sick (Niall)

Comincia dall'inizio

I knew that I would have to pretend to be sick for the rest of the day, I just couldn't tell him now. He would probably understand, but I feel embarrassed and he already skipped work once for me.

"I'm sorry" I said. "For what?" he asked. "For bothering you" I replied, feeling guilty for lying. It was only morning, and I knew the guilt would only grow throughout the day. "hey it's okay, I am happy to take care of you, how are you feeling btw?" he asked. I realized I probably didn't sound so sick.

I coughed softly to clear my throat. "I think I'm okay. My throat is a bit sore and my stomach doesn't feel so great" I lied. "Alright, I'll now go make you the tea I promised, and then we'll check your temperature" Harry said.

I knew I hadn't a fever, how was I going to be able to get out of this. Harry reappeared a few minutes later with tea and a thermometer. "Could you please get me some painkillers?" I asked with puppy eyes. "Oh yes, of course," Harry said softly, "do you have a headache?". I nodded in response.

While Harry was looking for the painkillers, I dipped the thermometer in my tea just enough to make it warmer, but not too much. If I suddenly had a 50°C (122°F) fever it would have looked pretty suspicious.

Harry came back with some painkillers and handed them to me. Then the thermometer beeped and Harry took it and looked at the small screen concernedly. "it's 38.4°C (101.12°F) that's pretty high Ni" Harry said. "Are you hungry?" he asked.

"A little" I replied. "Alright I'll make you some breakfast and after , you rest okay?" Harry said. "Thank you" I said.

Harry's POV

I was making tea and then I felt my phone ringing in my pocket. It was Liam calling. "Hello?" I said as I picked it up. "Hi, we ere just wondering how's Niall doing? you're on the speaker" Liam said. "he has a really high fever and he said he's stomach and throat was hurting. But otherwise he seems alright" I explained.

"Okay, well we have a few more interviews to do, and then we'll start heading home again" Liam said. "All right, bye then" I said, and then hang up.

I prepared some breakfast, placing it on a small tray. I brought it over to Niall's bunk and handed it to him. "Thanks, Harry" He said. "No problem" I replied with a smile.

Once Niall had finished his breakfast, I told him to rest. He seemed to fall asleep pretty quickly.

Niall's POV

After only managing to sleep for ten minutes, I woke up and realized I needed to use the restroom. In case Harry asked, I thought about making it seem like I went there to throw up.

So I went to the bathroom and when I went back to the bunks Harry looked at me concernedly. "Niall, are you feeling okay?" he asked."Yeah, I don't think my stomach appreciated me eating at all right now" I said. "Okay, try and get some more sleep. I'll check on you later again" Harry said.

I started to feel even more guilty. Harry was being so kind and i felt like I used his kindness for my own purpose. I don't know if I could handle the guilt feeling longer.

Harry's POV

I don't know why, but I had a feeling Niall was not telling me something. Maybe he felt very sick and didn't want to worry me? or maybe he was embarassed for some reason? something just felt off.

I gazed at him while he was sleeping, he looked so tranquil, like he really needed that sleep. I waited for a few moments and then suddenly the rest of the boys burst in from the door, waking Niall up.

"Hey everyone, please be quiet! Niall is asleep...or at least he was" I said quietly but sternly. "We're sorry" they spoke softly in unison.

I saw Niall walking towards us and I asked worryingly "Niall, shouldn't you stay in bed?". "We thought about calling a doctor if you don't feel better tomorrow" Louis said.

"Look no, I need to tell you something because this is just getting too much for me, but first, I am really sorry" Niall said, motioning for us to sit down.

"is everything okay Ni?" Zayn inquired.

"Yeah, yeah...I just. Oh gosh, this is harder than I thought, I feel so stupid and mean" Niall began. "So I'm not actually sick, I was just faking to get a day off because I was sooo tired I really needed it" he explained.

Niall's POV

I avoided eyecontact with anyone, I felt like they were looking at me like I was a complete idiot. But suddenly I felt arms wrapped around me and I looked up it was Harry hugging me. "It's okay Niall, we get it but don't do it again okay?" Harry said softly. "I won't" I said.

"Niall, listen. What you did was wrong. Harry skipped work for you and we were all worried about you, but we understand why you did it. But it still would have been better if you had just told the truth from the start" Liam said.

"I understand that what I did was wrong. But I was so exhausted, I felt like I might collapse at any point if I didn't get some sleep. And I knew the management wouldn't let me sit out unless it is a matter of life or death" I explained.

"It still would have been better if you had just told us the truth" Liam said. "I know, I'm sorry," I said sheepishly. "Hey, take it easy on him Li. He looked like he really needed some sleep" Harry said. "I'm sorry, Ni. Just be honest with us next time, okay?" Liam said. "I promise" I replied with a smile.

I was happy no one was really mad in the end. The next day we continued as usual again.