Chapter Thirty-Three

||Second Sons||

Princess Zephyr of the House Baratheon had been cooped up in her chambers for a few days, ever since that meeting with herself, Tywin, Cersei and Tyrion. She couldn't bare to see that constant look of betrayal on her uncle's face whenever they crossed each other in a corridor or made awkward eye contact on accident.

She would've much rather stayed cooped up in her room on this day as well, but it was Sansa and Tyrion's wedding day, and the least she'd expect is to get yelled at by either Sansa or Tyrion, whichever yelled didn't matter though. She had mentally prepared herself for this earlier in the morning as she got dressed in a red and gold dress.

Although she was mentally prepared, her body betrayed her by showing exactly how anxious she felt. She couldn't for the life of her stop fidgeting nervously, she always had to have something in her hand otherwise the feeling of guilt would come flooding back in. She just hoped this bad habit wouldn't make her an alcoholic since she was already drinking wine before the actual wedding even started.

"You look radiant today" Margaery said to Cersei who stood next to Zephyr to make sure the princess wouldn't drink herself into an early grave like her father did.

"Radiant? Why Radiant?" Cersei asked the girl. She was already getting sick of her annoying voice and couldn't wait until the wedding was over.

"It's the word that came to mind." Margaery chuckled as she locked her arm with her mother's, "We're going to be sisters soon. We should be friends."

Hold on. That sounded quite familiar.

"Is that what you tell every woman or man who is to be wed to your brother, Margaery?" Zephyr asked, her intention being far more personal and sour than she thought it would come out to be.

Margaery's eyes widened as she began stammering, but Cersei cut her off, "You're a musical girl, aren't you? I imagine you have a lovely voice." Cersei tried to pull away, but Margaery began walking down the steps with her mother, which made Zephyr visibly roll her eyes in annoyance as she followed behind them closely.

"A better dancer than a singer, I'm afraid." Margaery said.

"But you know the song The Rains of Castamere?" Cersei asked.

"Of course, they play it so often here at court." Margaery responded, but Cersei wasn't done, "So you know the story of House Reyne of Castamere?"

"Not as well as you, I'm sure." She said. 

"House reyne was a powerful family. Very wealthy. The second wealthiest in westeros. Aren't the Tyrells the second wealthiest family in westeros now?" Cersei stated her question.

"Of course, the ambitious climbers don't want to stop on the second highest rung. If only you could take that final step, you'd see further than all the rest. You'd be alone with nothing but blue sky above you. So Lord Reyne built a castle as grand as Casterly Rock. He gave his wife diamonds larger than any my mother ever wore. And finally, one day he rebelled against my father. Do you know where House Reyne is now?" Cersei spoke.

"Gone." Margaery said, faking her pretty smile.

"Gone." Cersei repeated. "A gentle word. Why not say 'slaughtered'? Every man, woman and child put to the sword. I remember seeing their bodies hanging high above the gates of Casterly Rock. My father let them rot up there all summer. It was a long summer. 'And now the rains weep o'er their halls, and not a soul to hear.'"

She then took her hand, "If you ever call me 'sister' again, I'll have you strangeled in your sleep." Cersei threatened, and Zephyr couldn't help the smirk that was growing on her lips. Her mother frightened Margaery and she had never had this much pride in her mother until now.