chapter 6

Reid was now standing in front of Morgan's apartment. The dark, unlit hallway was taunting him. He hated it. He was cold. Wet. Crying. Dirty. His hair was dripping in front of his face, a mixture of blood and rain. The cold was creeping through to his skin. He started shivering. The nice skirt that he had picked out earlier that day was ruined. Torn and dirty. His pretty, floral shirt was also ruined. Dirt and mud smudged all over.

Reid knew it was late. He knew that it was probably very impolite of him to be bothering Morgan right now, but he knocked anyway. He just wanted to be with him. He wanted to be comforted. He was tired of the ache in his heart.

Not hearing anything for a couple of seconds, he knocked again. Feeling guilt and even more sadness at the possibility that Morgan wasn't going to answer. What am I doing? He thought.

He took a shaky breath and almost began sobbing before lifting his hand, knocking again for one last attempt. He could hear a little bark from Clooney along with the light pitter-patter of his feet on the wooden tile.

Reid was about to turn to leave before he heard a groan and shuffling on the other side before the click of the door cued the opening.

Morgan was standing there, holding the door in his boxers and a loose shirt, squinting and rubbing his eyes of sleep. He quickly gained concern, seeing his best friend standing at his door looking completely fallen apart.

He immediately went inside and hugged Morgan.

Of course, Morgan didn't understand, "Reid? What're you doing here?... It's so late... are you okay?" He hugged him back, waiting for a response from his best friend, who currently looked very broken.

He didn't hear a reply.

"...Reid?" He started more tentatively. He could feel Reid's wet clothes start to soak into his shirt. He heard a sob come from the other man.

"Hey... what's going on Pretty Boy? You can tell me."

Reid listened to those words come out of his mouth and sobbed even louder and harder. He was holding onto Morgan even tighter.

After a moment, Morgan slowly guided him to the couch. Deciding to let Reid speak when he's ready, Morgan waited and instead brought Reid warm, clean clothes from his closet.

Reid changed. They both sat back down next to each other. Morgan handed him a glass of water. He also brought out the first aid kit from his bathroom to clean up Reid's face.

Beginning to clean his wounds, Morgan asked, "So, are you going to tell me what happened?"

Reid winced from the touch. He tried to open his mouth to speak, but the only thing that came out was a choked sob. Memories of moments just before flooded his mind once more.

Morgan quickly moved closer and held him again, "Hey, hey, hey... It's okay. It's okay. Let it out."

They stayed like that for a little while. Reid's sobbing slowly died while Morgan whispered sweet nothings to him.

Spencer couldn't bear to look up. He felt so embarrassed. But alas, Morgan was nevertheless encouraging and comforting.

Reid's breath slowly steadied, and it didn't take long before Morgan realized Reid had fallen asleep. Morgan smiled to himself and continued to hold the other man. He too, soon fell asleep.

A/N: Please leave comments and let me know what you think!