25

As we rumbled along the practically deserted roads of suburban Massachusetts, Timothee and I made idle chit-chat.

"So how's the rest of the internship going?" He asked me. I laughed.

"It's fine. Tiresome, but fine," I said. I looked out the window thoughtfully before continuing.

"I guess it's all just new to me. I'm not used to being in this kind of atmosphere. It's exciting though, isn't it?" I asked, turning my head back towards him. I observed his sincere expression as he vigilantly watched the road in front of him, one hand on the steering wheel, the other resting on his lap.

"I'll say. There's definitely a reason I chose to be an actor like this," He said now, after a moment of consideration. I nodded silently and let my head fall back against the headrest, letting out a deep breath. I noticed his stare flicker from the road onto me, and I bit back a smile. His hand slowly moved from its spot on his lap, over to mine. He found my resting palm and wrapped his fingers around it. My heartbeat quickened and I hoped he couldn't feel it at my fingertips. I turned to look at him again, his expression blank. Hoping my hesitation wasn't noticeable, I quickly grasped his hand back, clicking the pieces into place. I thought I saw a smile begin to line his face, but when I looked again it had disappeared as fast as it had come. I was the one to smile this time, relaxing my muscles once again and taking another deep breath. I didn't care if he noticed my content expression, I actually wanted him to see it. I wanted him to know how I felt about him, despite my apprehensiveness to show any emotion towards him. I was afraid that by opening up, he could somehow use it against me. I trusted Timothee completely, though I was still hesitant to be myself.

"You good?" He asked, ripping me out of my mind. I inhaled quickly, nodding.

"Yeah, just thinking," I said.

"About what?" He asked. I laughed again.

"Nothing," I responded, biting my bottom lip. There was another pause in the conversation before I spoke up again.

"So where exactly are we going?" I asked. He grinned and looked at me for a moment.

"I told you, I know a place," He said, raising his eyebrows and smiling before looking back at the road. I giggled and felt him start drawing circles with his thumb on my hand.

"How's the movie seem so far? Box-office hit?" I asked. He nodded.

"It's smashing. The cast is great, Greta is great, I think it's gonna be amazing," He responded. He was beaming. I was proud of him, and I could tell he was proud of himself as well.

"That's amazing. I'm excited to see it," I said.

"Do you guys have tickets to the premier?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Not sure. To be honest, probably not," I said. He pretended to have an offended expression on his face.

"Nah, for real? Don't worry about it, I can get you two in."

"How?" I asked. He turned to me silently with wide eyes.

"Right, sorry. You're literally starring in the movie. Thanks!" I said, smiling broadly. He shook his head and laughed, turning back towards the road. I took a look around, noticing the lining of trees on the empty street. It was still light out, which was surprising for winter. His hand still rested on mine, tracing shapes into my palm. I was content.