12

Much to my disagreement, he paid for our drinks on our way out. On the other hand I was secretly grateful, knowing I was still a broke college student even when hanging with an A-lister. As we got out on the street, he pulled up the hood of his large pink hoodie. He had it layered under a bigger coat, wearing casual sweats underneath. My oversized jacket that I had put on over my sweater was keeping me nice and toasty.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously as I trailed a step behind him on the concrete. He twisted his head around to glance at me before I felt something clasp around my forearm. Warmth spread from where now his hand was wrapped around my wrist, pulling me along with him so I wouldn't fall behind.
"You'll see," he said. I could barely hear him over the sounds of the city. My hair blew in my face and I used my free hand to brush it away, moving up beside Timothèe instead of behind. I furrowed my brow and gave him a suspicious look, but eventually had to look away in fear of tripping.

It took around three minutes to get to wherever we were going. I hardly knew we were there until a quick yank on my wrist by Timothèe, followed by an apologetic,

"Sorry!"

I just smiled and continued with him. He was going down an alleyway, something that made my stomach uneasy. He seemed to know what he was doing, though, which gave me a bit of hope.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He just laughed.

"You'll see," he said. I rolled my eyes at his repeated statement. Suddenly we came across some rickety black stairs, leading up the side of one of the big brick buildings. I bit my lip as he climbed onto the first step, turning around to help me on as well. My legs weren't as long as his so it took some struggling. As I got up I turned to look at his face, on which he was wearing a grin. I lightly hit him on the chest.

"Not funny," I complained, turning back towards the front and onto the second step. He quickly moved up to the third step, stretching his nimble legs so he reached it in merely a millisecond.

"Sorry," he pouted, looking at me. His arms now were on both rails, so I couldn't get past. He leaned his head down so we were at equal heights, and I couldn't help the laugh that came out.

"Whatever," I said, ducking under his left arm and moving past him, walking up the steps. I heard him stay there for a few seconds until he started moving up the squeaky staircase again, reaching a step behind me quickly. I bit back a smile as the staircase started getting higher and higher.

"Alright," I heard him say from behind me. I turned around and looked as he held both rails, looking up at me. I gave him a questionable look as he let go and walked past me. A step ahead was a small window, probably just enough for a human to crawl through. He leaned down to open it, then stood back up. My mouth slightly fell open as he gestured for me to crawl through the window. He saw my expression and grinned.

"Want me to go first?" He asked. I nodded slightly as I walked closer. I thought I heard him laugh but it was hard to tell with all the noises around us. His head disappeared through the window, followed by his hands. He swung his legs down, and soon he was standing inside, looking up at me through the frame.

"You coming?" He asked. I took a deep breath,  deciding to go legs first. I sat down, putting my legs inside and my hands on the frame. I felt Timothèes hands on my waist as he helped pull me down. Soon I was comfortable enough to let go of the frame and I let out a quiet yelp as my feet hit the floor. His hands left my waist and I brushed off my clothes.

Tʀᴜʟʏ?  - ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴏᴛʜᴇ̀ᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟᴀᴍᴇᴛ ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛᴏɴजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें