19

We left not long after the new year began. The taste of his lips on mine still lingered and I caught myself brushing a finger over them as if trying to grasp the feeling once more. I spent the rest of the time tiredly saying goodbye to the other guests and having one last drink. I made sure to get Will and Luisa's numbers, along with some other people I'd gotten along with.

 As I stood, giving my last goodbye of the night, I felt a long pair of arms snake around my shoulders. Wildfire spread through my veins and the urge to smile was stronger than ever. I tilted my head back until his eyes met mine. He wore a matching smile. He said something but I couldn't make out his soft murmur over the noise of the crowds. 

"What?" I mouthed back, furrowing my eyebrows. He grinned but let go of me, trading his full-body hold for a gentle hand in mine. I bit my lip and stumbled after him not-so-gracefully as he guided us out of the crowded building. We reached the front doors and the cold air was a welcome feeling as the warmth and excitement from the club drained. The adrenaline was fading and I realized my fatigue was taking over. 

"I'm exhausted," I stated as we started walking down the street. He squeezed my hand and dropped some sunglasses that had been resting atop his curls to cover his eyes, despite the blanket of darkness that covered the city. I watched him for a second, noticing the peculiar behavior. It struck me after a second that they weren't for shade, but for privacy. Over the course of me knowing him, this was the first moment I had completely forgotten his celebrity status. To me, he was just, well, Timothee. He turned his head at the feeling of my stare and I kept eye contact for a second before turning away and looking at the ground, hiding my blush. 

"Did you have fun?" He asked. A small smile tugged on my lips as I remembered the kiss we'd shared less than an hour ago. 

"Mhm," I hummed, avoiding eye contact so he wouldn't notice my cheeks ablaze. "I wish there was more dancing," I said as I remembered my previous disappointment of the lack of people on the dance floor of the club. 

"I never thought you'd be big on dancing," He said, and I heard humor in his voice.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me," I replied, turning to poke his shoulder. Without warning, he lifted up his arm and spun me around. I laughed out loud in surprise and watched as my short skirt spun around me like a cartoonish princess I'd watched as a child. When I became steady again I was facing Timothee, my eyes sparkling with happiness and my heart beating rapidly. 

"C'mon jojo siwa," He said, as he continued walking.

"Jojo Siwa?" I questioned as I quickly brought up the pace of my steps to match with the strides of his long legs. I scrunched my nose with a smile. 

"You've never seen Dance Moms?" He asked me. I laughed. 

"I didn't pin you as a dance moms enjoyer," I responded. He chuckled.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me," He replied as he poked my shoulder, mocking my earlier response. I laughed and leaned slightly into his shoulder as we continued walking down the sidewalk, hand in hand. 

When we reached my dorm, I felt a sense of over looming sadness that our night together was over. 

"Are you and Lilia coming on set next week?" He asked while he moved his sunglasses to the top of his head. I nodded.

"Yep. All week," I said, sarcastic peppiness in my voice. He smiled, but the expression quickly vanished. He leaned forward and tucked a strand of wild hair behind my ear. My heart was beating so loud I was certain he could hear it.

"I'm looking forward to seeing you again," He murmured quietly, and his face was closer than I was familiar with. I noticed the small freckles that scattered his face like constellations. 

"Me too," I said quietly. The silence engulfed the air around us, causing the whole world to turn slow. It was as if we were the last ones on earth, and my dorm seemed light years away. His eyes fluttered closed as he leaned in and his lips connected with mine once again. I placed my hands gently against his chest and I was comforted to find his heart beating at a similar pace of mine. His hands had already found home around my waist and in the small of my back. Our lips melded together like water crashes against sand.

 As fast as the kiss started, it ended. I caught my breath as I let go, my eyes closed, but I could feel Timothee's open, and watching. I opened them after a moment, and saw the light in his eyes. I moved my arms so they were formed into a hug. I leaned in and rested my head in the crook of his shoulder. He smelled like expensive cologne, and I closed my eyes as I felt him against me. Well-rested and sober me would never have been brave enough to do something like this, but it was a new year, and I'd like to think a new me. He already had one hand on the top of my back and one on the bottom, and he enveloped me in his warm embrace. I pulled away after a couple seconds, but the feeling was still there. I smiled and opened the door, waving as he was getting ready to walk way.

"Bye," I said awkwardly. 

"Bye," He responded, laughing.  As I shut the door, I put my face in my hands to contain the smile I had. Though my happiness outshone all other emotions, I couldn't help my doubts come to the front of my mind. Of course he's been with other girls, a lot of other girls. And he could have anyone he wanted. Literally anyone. I bit my lip as I fell onto my bed. What if what this friendship meant to me more than it meant to him? Does he get the same butterflies when he sees my face? Am I in over my head? I calmed myself down by realizing I've only known him for a small amount of time, and I'm just overthinking. The thought did nothing to calm me as I got ready for bed, the kisses we shared playing out in my mind. As I drifted off to sleep, his face was the only thing in my mind.