𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

That night they had a small party in Crickets home, Luffy, Usopp and Chopper were goofing around like always, Sanji was spoiling the girls but mainly Nami with his cooking, Lia and Zoro were sharing Sake bottles and Robin was reading Noland's log ...

That night they had a small party in Crickets home, Luffy, Usopp and Chopper were goofing around like always, Sanji was spoiling the girls but mainly Nami with his cooking, Lia and Zoro were sharing Sake bottles and Robin was reading Noland's log book, she reached the last written log when Cricket appeared in front of her.

"The skull's right eye, that's were I saw the gold." He said.

"Gold?"

Everyone froze and stared at Cricket.

"That tear-soaked sentence was the last thing Noland wrote. The skull's right eye, that's were I saw the gold. Noland was executed that same day. Even after coming to Jaya, I still don't know what he meant by that. The skull's right eye... Is it referring to the name of a city or an old landmark on the island? Was it just a poetic allusion to his own impending death? The blank pages that follow gives us no clue... That's why we keep dividing to the bottom of the sea! We have a dream! On the sea floor!"

"Hooray for us!" Masira said.

Lia looks for the bottle of Sake, she looks beside her and glares at Zoro, who was drinking all the Sake. Zoro smirks and gives her the bottle.

She grabs it and puts her focus to Cricket,

"The day I arrived on Jaya. Entry for May 21, 1122. Upon landing on the island, we heard strange birdcalls and the sound of a very large bell coming from the forest. The sound from that huge gold bell resonated far and wide, almost as if showing off the prosperity of a city long past! We thought we knew everything after living for a few decades... but experiencing the transience of this civilization that flourished for a long time on the wide open sea left us speechless!" Cricket said as he stands up "The sound of the bell has us stopped in our tracks!"

"Wow! A giant gold bell!" Nami said

"Wait a minute, old guy! You like Noland after all!" Usopp said

Then Cricket showed them a small bell "Look at this!"

"Wow! Gold bells!"

"So, how exactly are those 'giant'?" Usopp asks.

"These aren't that bell. They're bell-shaped ingots. We found these three on the sea floor." Cricket explained.

"Oh! So there really is a city of gold!" Luffy said.

"They don't prove that. You could find that much gold in any old ruins." Shoujou said.

"But it does prove that there was a civilization in this area." Robin said "Ingots are made to have standardized weights. Which means they were used for trade."

"Yes. And the strange bird calls mentioned before that..." Cricket said and looks at Masira "Show it to them!"

Masira reveals a golden-shaped bird. Everyone stared at it.