Series of Events

It probably hadn't been the best idea to agree to wait with the man until the town doctor came to the door.

Not only was I sure there wasn't such a thing as a "town doctor", but when I had asked what medical field he studied in, the man just said healing. So you can understand my suspicions of this man. Then again I was suspicious of most people.

I tuck my legs up under me on the cushions of the couch, and leaned into the soft material of the brown couch. Most things in my house were earth toned, I like the dark softly muddled colors. Watching him sit on the edge of the armchair, I felt my eyes narrow. He leaned forward, elbows on knees, hands clasped together, invading the small distance between us.

"How do you feel, Ms..." He said, drawing out the Ms with his low gravelly voice that sent shivers through me.

"Ellise Sands," I say quickly, answering the hanging question, "I feel fine, it was a small hit, though I was light headed at first."

I lean further back into the couch, trying to escape the magnetic pull he seemed to elude at me. If I wasn't careful I'd be sucked in, drowning in those jade green eyes that assessed my every move.

"Thats good..." He said slowly, eyes.sliding across the room, and locking on the woods outside my house.

I go to look myself, but his hand darts out and stops my chin from turning, eyes blazing into mine. His long rough fingers rasp over my delicate skin, and I felt like my skin there was on fire. We stayed silent for a moment, and his eyes slid to my mouth. For a moment I thought he would go to kiss me, but then he restrained that dark intense beast swimming in his eyes, and sat back with a strained look.

"Sorry, just... checking your pupils." He says with a false grin.

My brows knit, and I get up, walking across the room to close my curtains. This man was weird... Kind of...

"So you're my neighbor?" I say, grasping for a conversational straw.

"Oh yes," he says , brightening up a bit, "My family has lived here for centuries, practically founded the place. Though that title goes to a family line long dead."

Family lines, founding? Jesus, I thought that was only in movies, not in real life. Maybe he was just fucking with me, wouldn't be the first person to do so.

"Huh, okay I guess..." I say, giving him an odd look, "So what's this place like? The people and businesses I mean."

He appeared to contemplate this a moment, an adorable pinched face crossing over his rugged features. Most women would beware of this man, favoring the pretty symmetrical look men could have. I thought it made them look like babies, but what a woman wants...

"Well, starting out with the basics, town hall, bank, libraries... The library here is cool, though I believe you now work for it?" He says with a swing or his hand in my direction.

"Yes, I buy and review the romance novels mostly." I say matter of factly. I loved my job.

A heated look crosses his features for such a short moment I was sure it wasn't there to begin with, "Good... Moving on, the diner is the best place to eat, which I know is stereotypical, but when you have three food places in a town, the ones that's been up for nearly two hundred years is gonna be the best."

I laugh at that, slightly enjoying this man's company. He seemed quite funny, and a little cute in a boyish sense.

"The markets are all fine, apart from Sam's. Don't go to Sam's unless you want to get your ass grabbed, or. Unless you want two days away from moldy bread." He chuckles.

He continues on to tell me about Marlos auto shop, a small clothing store run by his sister, and a few other cool businesses to check out. He obviously knew his stuff, so I wrote down the addresses and names, making sure to include the people as well.

So far this place didn't seem so bad...

A knock at the door interrupted Drew, and we both turned to the door. I immediately got up, at the same time Drew did and our chests brushed.

Fuck he was big... and warm... Our eyes met, and I felt my chest heave out a soft sigh at the feel of him pressed against me.

I heard the door open suddenly, and I scoffed, "Who said come in?"

Turning I saw a cute little blonde woman scurry her way in then, squeak, and stand still in the entry way, by then Drew had walked away, approaching the small blonde woman.

Her hair fell in waves, and she actually looked like a mouse a little, in a cute way. Drew brushed past her, and when her hand landed on his arm he brushed it off, "This is Elise, my new... neighbor. Take care of her."

Then he left, slamming the door on his way out.

What the hell was that about? He seemed to be in such a good mood just a second ago, and then he practically jogs out of the house.

"Oh he doesn't like me," the woman says with a sad look, "Well not right now any way."

I laugh softly and shake my head, "Yeah... Was wondering... Hello, I'm Elise." I say and stretch out my hand.

She takes it, and shakes softly. She seemed so fragile and innocent looking. Like she could break with a guest of wind.

She introduced herself. Alexis Beyer the town doctor. She lived in the middle of town "to be more available" she said. She had many medical licences, and could work in multiple feilds. A genius. I wondered what she was doin in such a small town, and after a.few minutes we really hit it off.

She checked me for signs of trauma, and found none, laughing at Drew for being such a worrywart.

"Anyway," She says, collecting her medical bags, and turning to walk towards the front door. "I must go, more patients you see, but..."

She trails off, and I raise a brow, "But what?"

"Would you like to go for a run in the woods with me tomorrow, maybe bond a little?" She said with a hopeful look.

I laugh, and run the though over for a moment.. A run in the woods sounded good.. Though a little soon.

"I guess, Yeah," I say to her, "But people will know where I am in case you are some kind of murderess"

She laughs loudly at that, and a grin passes over my face, "The cutest murderess in town!" She says brightly.

Then she looks down at her watch and curses, "Gods, I have to go, see you!" She says and darts out the door.

I watch her little van dart off down the street a moment later, and the smile on my face widens.

Okay,maybe I would like it here....

--------